Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 January 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

• Heather:  Hadn't thought about cork vs. screw top.  

Diane:  Must say I was wondering about what seemed a rather prosperous image.....

Lindybird:  The mudslides closed Pacific Coast Highway, parts of which are prone to them at the best of times.

Turned out to be a busy day and am halfway through the ironing.  Had a nice couple of hours at friends' house where I had a chance to catch up with some other friends.  Also had a little too much of a rather potent punch!  :-)

• Well!  Curiouser and curiouser (said Alice)!  I can now log in as OG but when I am logged in I get no reply button or text box, when logged out I get them but can't use them !!!!!!!!  I am fed up!

• Join the club EE!!  This Site is rubbish now.

• OG - I have to log in each week. Of course the button that says "login" doesn't work. But a button at top of page that says "+ New" actually takes me to login page. My lateral thinking is being extended too far - it's not elastic!

• That's weird because I can login with no problem.  How frustrating.  I posted a note on the Community Upgrade website speculating about whether anyone was actually listening to folks. I was under the impression they would continue to tweak things.

• I have to sign in frequently and often get orange error messages but I swipe them away. I'm not at the Fed up stage (yet!) but until I get this plaster of Paris consigned to the bin I can't write fast :-(

• I've gone through the Fed Up Stage, and am now in the state beyond (the Swearyword and "I'm Only Going to Pop In Stage").

Heather, you must be struggling with your hand, my sympathy. Hope all goes well.  I had an upsetting conversation with my Friend G yesterday, she is trying to recover from her last session of chemo, which was thankfully the last one of 18. She will hear from her consultant in a week as to what the latest scan reveals. She has been feeling grim lately but hopes to improve once all the chemicals have left her system.

Sunny here, but I was delayed from going out this morning by phone calls: hope to get out on errands this afternoon.

• Oh OG, I seemed to get the hang of it eventually, 

Another week and already you are posting your news.   Nice to see PatO is on her way to the Azores. Wonder which island they are calling at - we docked in San Miguel.

Lovely to read all your news.   See some parts of the country are getting battered or are a lot colder than we are.  We just seem to be having dull days with the occasional clearing with blue sky and sunshine which happened today.

Went down to Curry's on Monday and bought new kettle and microwave having had those two items die on me last week.

Do hope that G continues Chemo, Lindy, as I know two of our ladies at church who have undergone treatment and come through. One was quite ill with hers as its another round she had to have but was at church on Sunday and smiling through.    Stay positive.

HeatherB do hope it won't be long before plaster comes off and that you can gradually get mobile again.

Must admit I prefer the old system of our blogs rather than this new one, you never quite know where you are when you post.

• As I posted it said I had to log in, thought I'd lost all I'd written but it is there at the bottom of the page. Confusing!

• OG - seem to have contradicted myself, take no notice of me.