Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 January 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

• Goodness where is everyone? I had successful morn. First the former church (until 1882), now a medical centre, in the foyer had one stained glass window remaining, plus a photo of the church as it was before medical people built on all sides. 2) the wool shop had the colour I wanted. Hand dyed in Canada! I haven’t seen skeins for decades. 3) The Greek church, red brick with white trim, which I had photo-ed several years ago, now captured in all its new pristine all white rendering. 4) A few books from library. 5) Finding the side door open, I invaded the church ½ hour before Mass to photo its windows, to the bemusement of 4 elderly ladies reciting the rosary. As I drove home, the noon temp was 34. Whew, I made it before the max.

• ) the wool shop had the colour I wanted. Hand dyed in Canada! I haven’t seen skeins for decades.

Hi Aquilareen

Try online Loveknitting ( Google as not sure I can give you link)Doh!!

I just had some lovely  100%  4 ply  Wool Skeins, quickly delivered(Very reasonably priced)

Grandaughter insisted Grandma updates her outgrown snuggly sweater. So on her New Year visit, she was fascinated with the Skeins. CHOL:):)

• Kate. Is this the one?? https://www.loveknitting.com/

Fancy that!! I'll send you an email!!Grinning

• Fascinating, Mike - thanks for posting it!  I specially like the cute cosies for choc oranges, we always have those in our Christmas stockings!! (It's enough to get me knitting again!)

Dry here and not as cold - a warmer weekend predicted. I'm off to visit Friend G this morning.

• Meant to say, glad you had such a successful day, AQ!

• SunnyKate & Mike - Thank you for the tempting link. We have online wool available here DownUnder from Bendigo in Victoria but their site is not as interesting as Loveknitting. I have been trying to use up the accumulation of 60 years of knitting, er, of wool collecting. <grin> I think, I am now knitting faster than I am buying, I think. Off now to sit beneath the air con, to knit & watch TV for the evening, waiting for the cool change to drop temp from 38 to a mere 30 C. I hate summer.

• Kate. Is this the one?? https://www.loveknitting.com/

CHOL:):)  You can still post posh links like this  HERE

I meant I was not sure if RSPB allowed Direct links.  CHOL:):)

(Posh links)

Highlight and copy the link you want to post on thread

Type the word HERE( in the thread you are writing)and Highlight it

Select 'Insert'

'Select 'Link'

Delete the word HERE and insert your copied link

CLICK OK

• Hello all

Not much news, a dull day here in every sense of the word! 

I hope that all is well with OG and the family, thank you DIANE for telling us that there are problems just now. 

ANNETTE - the procedure that I had was the least invasive for the condition but I fear that it won't be that successful. For the other hand it might have to be the surgery which sounds gruesome so I won't expand upon that! I must wear the splint in bed for 3-6 months. 

FB - hope that you get good news regarding the B12 levels. Thinking about you.

AQ - my knitting days are long over but I used to be very keen, making up my own patterns for Aran etc. Also used to crochet quite a lot. 

My carpets are now splendid after the cleaning job. It took all day to do all the house and I was quite ashamed when I saw the colour of the water..... Shoes are rarely worn in the house and the carpets didn't look dirty, but! 

LINDY - congratulations on the forthcoming happy event! 

• I meant I was not sure if RSPB allowed Direct links.

Well we've solved that one Kate!!  Both ways!!Grinning

• Lindy: We live on a hill and accustomed to being in a cloud  when everyone else says it is Fog we are well accustomed to it.  May possibly have news soon on my B12 problems, positively, just got to try another couple of days to see progress - sorry for the NHS system which I admire but leaves many people out of the loop.