Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

This is not a wildlife video, but I'm posting a LINK because it made me laugh so hard and I thought everyone could use a good laugh. The donkey is in Galway, Ireland. This is how she greets a regular visitor who brings her treats. (The video is from a mainstream news network and is safe. It's less than a minute.)

Have a good week, all!

• Thank You Annette I didn't mean to post twice - i thought it hadn't posted! I hope that your travels are easy also x

• Nice to hear from you Harelady.  Hope all goes well with your travelling. As you say, its according to the weather which affects the roads, and its not too clear just yet what kind of weather we'll get around the festive days.

Heather, sorry to hear that your grandson is still affected by the awful crash he witnessed: I remember you telling us the basics of the tale a while ago and I had almost forgotten about it.

I've been too busy to come on here, apart from being mightily annoyed by problems every time I attempt to post. We are off tomorrow to visit Eldest and Family, which is a long journey for us and so we will be staying until Sunday evening. Taking lots of presents for little Amber, and desperate to see her as we haven't seen her in a very long time.  Just been to visit my Friend G today:  she is well, well, as well as could be expected, I suppose, in the circumstances. She has her very last chemotherapy on January 4th and so of course is looking forward to celebrating that after such a long haul (18 appointments). She managed to get around John Lewis yesterday with her OH, in a wheelchair and using the lifts, so was able to finalise her present buying as well as getting a pretty blouse to boost her spirits to wear on the holidays.

Our roof was finally fixed today as the man suddenly rang me and then turned up to look at it:  "I can fix it today!" he said, so he did!  Apparently the battens were rotten underneath the tiles and so the tiles were coming loose. Glad to pay him and not have to worry next time we have a deluge.  Also, my watch is being mended, it is costing £30 which is rather a lot but it's that or throw the watch away, and it is a "good" one.

Have a good weekend, everyone, will write again on Sunday night or Monday morning....

• Lndybird: Have a nice few days with the family.  Your friend G is amazing - out and about in John Lewis's in spite of all those chemo treatments. Good for her.  Also good your roof is done and dusted before you go.  Safe trip.

EDIT: I'm doing a Diane and letting anyone who's interested know that the Geminid meteor shower will be starring in the night sky these next few nights.  Too bad it's in the middle of the night and you have to go outside to see it.  :-))

• Life Explained

On the first day, God created the dog and said “Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years.” The dog said “That‛s a long time to be barking. How about only 10 years, and I‛ll give you back the other ten?” And God saw that it was good.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said “Entertain people, do tricks and make them laugh. For this I will give you a twenty-year life span.” The monkey said “Monkey tricks for twenty years? That‛s a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back 10 years as the dog did?” And God, again saw it was good. 

On the third day, God created the cow and said “You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer‛s family.  For this I will give you a life span of 60 years.” The cow said “That‛s a tough kind of life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I give you back the other forty?” And God agreed and it was good. 

On the fourth day, God created humans, and said “Eat sleep, play, marry, and enjoy your life. For this I will give you twenty years.” But the human said “Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, Okay?” “Okay” said God, “you asked for it. . . .” 

So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the Grandchildren. And for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch, and bark at everyone. Life has now been explained to you. 

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information.  I‛m doing it as a public service. . . If you are looking for me, I will be on the front porch.

• Hi everyone Slight smile

Sorry I've not posted for what seems like ages. Having a problem with what I'm guessing is sciatica. Funny thing about this is things tend to get better with movement, although mornings can be painful. I work in a large one floor department store which, often requires a lot of walking. So perhaps its a type of physiotherapy.

The winter temparatures are certainly beginning to attack, with great fury. Checked on my phone this afternoon. Temperature of 4C, real feel of 0C. I hear things are going to get much colder over the coming weekend. The best way to tackle the cold weather is to wear several layers (as opposed to just one big heavy coat), and sometimes at this time of year, I feel like I have more layers than an onion Wink

• Heron: I assume you've Googled sciatica.   If you're correct, then there are several exercises that would help (also on Google).  Regardless, hope it eases up soon.   Wrap up warm this weekend.

• AQ - Thank you for that explanation.  I was wondering!  Thanks also for an early-morning smile.  I wonder if this is the sort of thing I could put in my church magazine?  If I did, I think so many people would be barking away on the front porch there wouldn't be anyone to do all those things that need doing!

• Now it's my turn o be cross. I've just tried to post  a long - well - post and got an error message. I'm signed in so who knows what is going on. Can't stop - things to do.

• I have come back to see if I can post a longish message after losing the last one. I do remember that if I signed in on the old forum, I sometimes got an error message . I just used to press the 'POST' button again and it went successfully. When I wrote this morning I had just signed in on one of my tablets.

LINDY  - enjoy your family visit. To see Amber again will be lovely x Your friend G continues to amaze me. 

ANNETTE - My OH wasn't very fond of all the fuss before Christmas, either. But it was a different story when everyone was here and he did enjoy the company!

HARELADY - It was so good to read that you are doing a roadtrip this year to see the family. I can quite understand your wish to be alone last year but I bet they were concerned about you x

PAUL - back pain is so horrible but it does sound as if walking etc is helping. Fingers crossed that it will improve, soon.

Now I could and should write more but I'm going to try and post this....