Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

This is not a wildlife video, but I'm posting a LINK because it made me laugh so hard and I thought everyone could use a good laugh. The donkey is in Galway, Ireland. This is how she greets a regular visitor who brings her treats. (The video is from a mainstream news network and is safe. It's less than a minute.)

Have a good week, all!

• Heather, so sorry to hear about your grandson.  I was only wondering the other day what was happening.  My thoughts are with you and him (and his other friends) at this difficult time.

OG - each time I sign in I seem to be asked for a different combination of e-mail address, username, and one of two passwords.  What seems to be working most of the time is my e-mail address and my original password - but who knows whether it will work next time?!?!?  I do hope we will see you/her back here very soon.

• Thank you, PAT. The accident was almost a year ago and I'm sure that the parents of the boy who was killed just wish for some closure, also. My grandson will never forget what he saw. 

I went to town this morning and have got more stuff! M and S was fairly busy but not many folk on the pavements. 

• ForestBoar:  Good new about B12 but oh I LOVE that small dark typeface.  What magic did you work this time!

• Heather:  Could be the police are casting their net wide because they have some conflicting explanations?  Do hope it gets sorted as soon as possible with the best outcome for Callum so life gets back to "normal" for all, including the boy's parents.....  Hugs from here.

• Annette I will have a look in the next couple of days. I happen to like it too! It was, as ever with this site, things seem to happen accidentally.

• Annette -  It is Dau who made the dentist appts, not I. I am booked to mind the Trio at home.

Sorry FB, I don’t like your font; it may be bold but it is too small.

Latest bout of heat gone. Today “blowing a gale”, showers, expecting hail. Methinks OH will not go out for lunch. Now what’s in fridge.

• AQ: I understood it was your daughter; was just being a bit snarky here!

• Hi all - it is so quiet on here now - I do hope everyone will keep going as this is such a great bunch of friends and I do love reading about all your news and happenings. Its really cold with a bitter East wind here in Suffolk. After spending last Christmas day on my own (my decision as it was the first Christmas without my youngest Daughter who died earlier in the year) I will be going to my other Daughter in Silverstone Northamptonshire this year to spend time with her and my 2 Granddaughters.I will drive there on Christmas morning and stay until 27th when I will move on to Surrey to see old friends and then onto my Sons in SE London to spend 2 days with him and partner and Grandson. Obviously all this travel will depend on the weather but the long range forecasts look ok at the moment. I have noticed that the birds have returned to the garden at last and are devouring the sunflower hearts. Have had lots of Goldfinches, angry Robins  and lots of starlings which I love. Anyway I hope you are all well and manage to avoid all the nasty winter bugs.

• Hi all - it is so quiet on here now - I do hope everyone will keep going as this is such a great bunch of friends and I do love reading about all your news and happenings. Its really cold with a bitter East wind here in Suffolk. After spending last Christmas day on my own (my decision as it was the first Christmas without my youngest Daughter who died earlier in the year) I will be going to my other Daughter in Silverstone Northamptonshire this year to spend time with her and my 2 Granddaughters.I will drive there on Christmas morning and stay until 27th when I will move on to Surrey to see old friends and then onto my Sons in SE London to spend 2 days with him and partner and Grandson. Obviously all this travel will depend on the weather but the long range forecasts look ok at the moment. I have noticed that the birds have returned to the garden at last and are devouring the sunflower hearts. Have had lots of Goldfinches, angry Robins  and lots of starlings which I love. Anyway I hope you are all well and manage to avoid all the nasty winter bugs.

• Morning Harelady.  I hate to think it was so quiet you posted twice!  :-)  Traveling on Christmas Day is usually a good bet as most folks have arrived at wherever they're going.  We're (or maybe just me - I?) will be driving to Prescott Valley on either Saturday or Sunday, December 22/23 and coming back either Wednesday or Thursday that week; haven't figured out which yet.  I've made reservations at our usual hotel in case OH comes (he's uncertain: Can't stand lots of brouhaha and it will be very cold there too, which he hates) but will cancel that and sleep in spare room if I go alone.  Grandson used all his time-off when he had his appendix out earlier this year so don't think he can spare the time -- things don't close down here between Xmas and NY the way they do there.   Anyway, do hope the weather forecast remains good for your drive and that this Christmas will be happier than perhaps last Christmas was.