Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

This is not a wildlife video, but I'm posting a LINK because it made me laugh so hard and I thought everyone could use a good laugh. The donkey is in Galway, Ireland. This is how she greets a regular visitor who brings her treats. (The video is from a mainstream news network and is safe. It's less than a minute.)

Have a good week, all!

• HELLO - it is all a bit depressing, our little community seems to be getting littler! I can post OK but can't work out how to edit my post for typos etc, so I have to watch very carefully as I type!

PAT - I hope that your visas get sorted out without too much expense. I hadn't realised about these things. 

LINDY- my roofer turned up today! £30 for about five minutes work but at least it is done. I hope that your dinner for G and her husband went OK. I'm sure that they wouldn't have noticed the water damaged wallpaper xxx

I heard that my son and family will be here for New Year. I'm very happy, wasn't expecting them as it is hard to get away when you run your own business. I will make the house as Bella friendly as I can (!) and of course, seeing Sam will be so good. 

• Morning all:

SheilaFE; Thanks for that link. I got a Page Not Found when I clicked on it, but here's what I got when I Googled it:    www.audubon.org/.../christmas-bird-count

Heather:  Well, as you say, the roof is done and at least it wasn't 60 pound!  Yay for the family visit at New Years.  :-)

• I can post OK but can't work out how to edit my post for typos etc, so I have to watch very carefully as I type!

Just click on "More" beneath your post  and then Edit from the pop up menu.

• Thank you for pointing out the problem Annette, and for posting another link.   I have no idea what happened, but I have done the link again, and I think it works this time for me.  I found the link on a notification from EarthSky News!

• Last nanny duty for this school year. However Dau has already booked me to kidsit while she has dental repairs next month. Food shop done, I forgot to take list, only forgot one item. Nothing wrong with my memory, ahem. Woman ahead in queue was asked “Are you ready for Ch-mas?” What a stupid question – all those last minute perishables to buy, nibbles to make, how could anyone be ready this early. I have triaged the windows and decided that no one should need to go in back bedroom aka my computer room. Hence those  24 panes can remain unclean. Nearly lunchtime, must get moving.

• Curious. I clicked on Heather for my Reply but it is flagged as "in reply to TeeJay". 

• AQ: Congrats on getting booked for dental appointments and for ignoring those windows.  I don't remember the last time I visited anyone and noticed their windows.

Heard from OG that she can read but hasn't managed to get on yet. I told her she wasn't missing any great pearls of wisdom.  :-)

• Got the blood test results yesterday afternoon. RESULT!!! B12 and Folic acid levels are within the upper/lower limits. Thank you to our pharmacist. With his help now back on track and one less problem to worry about.

• That is very good news, FB! Thank you for letting us know.

OG - perhaps you can remain with a different user name and password. Or sign in as EE.....

LINDY - gather that you are fed up with the new format. I'm persevering but don't have much news, lead a very quiet life!

I keep looking at the front garden, no Autumn pruning of roses, weeds aplenty. So depressing but I feel very unmotivated. 

I haven't said on here before but my grandson and his four friends are facing a serious charge regarding the road traffic accident in which his best friend was killed. It is never far from mind as you can imagine.