Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 November 2018

Happy New Week!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

I chose a Kestrel for this week, because I know that OG likes them. :-)

American Kestrel
Gardiner Basin, Yellowstone National Park, USA
National Park Service, NPS/Jim Peaco
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Glad you had a nice break, DIBNLIB, but a shame you couldn't see your Mum. 

The sun has come out, here. I went to the pharmacy, and found that even though I'd rung yesterday, there was nothing waiting for me. I pointed out that my last prescription had had to be dispensed as an Emergency supply -- in the end, I had a bit of a rant today, as this has become common now. My Friend went for her 4 items this week, only to be told that only 2 of them were available! By the time she and her OH had traipsed around two other chemists, and got her meds sorted, they were late for a clinic appointment so had to go without lunch to get there. They are thinking of changing pharmacies now.

• Lindybird:  Geez, that's awful about not getting meds on time, especially for G - as if she doesn't have enough to cope with.   I envy your OH those plum preserves.

dibnlib: Well, at least the place you stayed was nice. Too bad about everyone else more or less in quarantine.

Wind still wild here today.  Lots of leaves blown off trees, enough for me to see our local hawk perched rather obviously in neighbor's tree.  

• Here we are in December - now it seems like a race to the end of the year. Annette, we are at the mercy of the rules on medication, which since t he recession have understandably been against waste - we used to be able to collect two months of meds at a time if we were on them permanently, but that's been cut down. Of course, at my age they are all free as the NHS covers this but it's still a stress if you've only got two days worth left before they'll issue the next batch. Also, as I keep pointing out to them, very difficult if you want a weekend away just when it's due.

• My Friend G had an awful day on Wednesday, with rushing around plus stress which they could do without. However, at the clinic appointment they were told that the cancer has not spread further and she should be able to complete the final 6 weeks of her treatment. Her daughter & OH are up to stay this weekend and are going to decorate the house for Christmas.

• Sorry there are so many posts from me but I don't feel able to cram it all into one long one. We're off today for a day with the family as it's Tomasz's 8th birthday. Also taking a few extra Christmassy items, prior to the big event.

• Hi everyone Smiley

Just on a lunch break. So a chance to say Happy New Month! Wink Weather here isnae too bad for the time of year. Although I expect it to get Colder later.

• Lindybird: Can't believe Thomasz is 8 already - or that we're on the brink of 2019 for that matter.   We get 90 days of meds if we're on them all the time.  We sign up with the provider and they can automatically refill.  Can't say there's been any waste....   I guess it's good that G can finish the treatment, but can't imagine it's much fun for her.  Nice her family is up and helping this weekend.

Hi Heron!