WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2018

Hallo all;  Here's to a less complicated week!

Spent hours in the garden.  We cleaned out gutters, retired one bird feeder (that leaves only two); raked up the mess the birds made.  Don't think I'll be up late tonight.

• Heather, how miserable to have to go into a cold room to get something on here. I just noticed that I can now see the latest post from PatO which wasn't viewable this morning!

I despair......

Don't expect to see much on here from me for a while.. 

• Aaack.  Sorry to read that Heather has to use a freezing cold room to access the thread and that Lindybird can't upload photos.  What a bore.   I'll try to upload one later.

Wonderful rain here last night; earth smells wonderful this morning.   Thanks for good wishes.

• Hey, all. 

The RSPB tech folks have announced that a lot of changes will be implemented next week in response to the community users' objections to the new format. You can see their plans for fixing the format HERE

Thanks to JonB for the update.

Hope you all are well. 

• Hi all Blush Very quiet in here, again. Hopefully things pick up when next week's improvements come to pass. Cold here in West Central Scotland, today. I sincerely hope we don't get a repeat of the heavy snow, which happened near the end of last winter. Lost work days, and empty shelves (panic buying) were a real pain in the tail feathers.

Please feel free to pause for a few moments because I somehow lost my train of thought at this point.

Anyway. I should mention the Pied Wagtails, I often see on my breaks at work. Such cheery wee birds, and to think this is in the car park of a large department store in the East end of Glasgow. Just shows how we don't have to go too far from the beaten track to see amazing wildlife. Sometimes a Robin flies about the shop. Sadly I can't keep my phone on me, so my chances of getting a decent pic of the Robin are very slim. 

I should also mention the Pigeons. They often get a bad name, which I think is unfair. I mean if we consider that most of the Pigeons we see in urban or suburban areas, are the ascendants of the domestic Pigeon population of yesteryear, we should be amazed at how well they've managed to adapt. 

I'll try and find a pic of one of the Pied Wagtails.Blush

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Finally managed to find a pic from a good while back. Not great quality but from what I recall it was a dull day. Also on the previous phone. Anyway here's a Pied Wagtail.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Heron: The Pied Wagtail is a beautiful little bird. Good that you can still view lovely birds, even from work.

I've been watching a little Winter Wren pull wasps out of a wasp nest between the window and the screen on my porch. She's been very busy.

I just checked, and the temperature is the same here in Indiana as it is in your location. I hope you don't get any heavy snows this year that will make you miss work. A severe polar vortex winter is predicted for my area. Brrr...

All: Happy Full Moon. The moon turns full tonight in Indiana, and it will turn full at 5:39 a.m. in the morning in the U.K. 

• Diane: Thanks very much for the info on the proposed tweaks.  It's encouraging. They certainly have been listening and will apparently continue to do so.        We saw the full moon rise here tonight - it's still dazzling and very clear; I had a good look at the features through my binocs       I see you still have that wasp nest in between the window and the screen.  Did you have any trouble with them this summer?

Heron:  Just the name Pied Wagtail sounds cheery.

We had a lovely day - the neighborhood was quiet with very little traffic and no light aircraft flying over the neighborhood en route to the airport.   I went for a walk in the park by the beach before coming home for a light lunch and a nap in the garden and a very modest version of TxGiving dinner!  :-)

• Thanks, DIANE and ANNETTE! I look forward to the promised tweaks. Certainly fast work on the part of the techies.

LINDY - I see that there has been a pic posted on the Gabfest page a few hours ago.

It is miserable and dampish here today so I'm not going anywhere. I've got an appointment for the first injections in my hands. 4th January.

I'm replying to ANNETTE's latest post, hope it will be visible!

• Miserable and dampish here as well, Heather.  And my print has suddenly got so small I can hardly read it.

Glad the techies are listening to what we are saying - I'm finding this soooo frustrating.  Another thing I find a real pain is that every time I (finally manage to) log in I am taken to the top of the page and have to click through 'view more' until I finally get where I want to be!  Hopefully they have picked that up as well.  Not sure whether it will be better to have new posts at the top or not - we will still have to scroll down to see what we've missed.  Anyway - let's see what happens.  I apologise for any typos in this - I can't actually read what I'm typing, it's so tiny!

• Morning all:  I am laying low and awaiting the re-redesign.   I wonder if they'll shut down the site when they do it?

Meanwhile, sunny and clear here.   Doing laundry; off to Tai Chi class and then need to think about Xmas.