WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2018

Hallo all;  Here's to a less complicated week!

Spent hours in the garden.  We cleaned out gutters, retired one bird feeder (that leaves only two); raked up the mess the birds made.  Don't think I'll be up late tonight.

• Good Morning, All.  Another day in pale print land, with squashed text.......ugh.

• Good morning, all.  I'd like to wish everyone a very happy World Toilet Day.  I sincerely hope that nobody on here is in the uncomfortable position of having no suitable toilet facilities at their workplace!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• It's also International Men's Day, apparently … World Service told me so!

• Hi everyone Relaxed

Quite a cold day here, so more layers required than my last work day. Thankfully at least its dry. For the moment. Wink

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Belatedly (I blame the new site)  Happy Birthday.

• Morning all:  I gather the Orange Menace has been tweeting again.  Meanwhile, I just finished watching a short video on the Washington Post where kids were interviewed about the best way to cook a turkey.  They made much more sense.

• Hi, folks. I didn't know whether all of you have seen this new post from JonB, the techie. I made a screen capture of his comment, and I thought I'd place it at the bottom of this post so you would all be up-to-date. Thank you to JonB!

• Hello to everyone!

I looked outdoors this morning at dawn. The weather was icy cold, spitting snow, and dismal. I heard a noise up in a tree at the edge of the woods. I peered up through the morning mist and saw a female wild turkey balanced on a limb. Just in time for Thanksgiving! I told her to stay deep in the forest back in the flood plain. I wouldn't want some hunter to see her! They are such large birds that it's comical to see one perched on a tree branch. 

Annette: I've been watching the wildfire coverage from California. It's so very sad. I'm so sorry for everyone. I hope you aren't having any difficulty breathing. The news media have focused on how toxic the air is. 

Take care, all. 

• Hallo all:

Diane: Thanks for reposting JonB's post about the survey and possible tweaks they might make to the redesign.

Hope your turkey friend stays save over TxGiving.  When we were visiting OH's cousins in Oregon the other week, there were frequent visits from about 8 female turkeys  - "the ladies" - as our hosts called them affectionately.  Several times a day, they'd parade one way across the garden then back again a little while later, always with a couple of stragglers who were always in a big rush to catch up.  The owners had "No Hunting" signs up all over the place thank heaven.   No haze from the fires down here, but as you saw, it was terrible up around San Francisco and Sacramento, but should improve with the rain expected this week.

Heron: Stay warm!