Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 October 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, happy week.

Immature Bald Eagle
Everglades National Park, Florida
NPS Photo/Rodney Cammauf
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• dibnlib: Happy Belated Birthday! I just noticed that your birthday was yesterday. I hope you had a lovely day. 

Burrowing Owl
    Everglades National Park
    NPS photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Heather -- We only went in one direction with Ryanair, thank goodness. Our travel agent booked us with a Spanish Airline, Vueling, for the return journey.  But thereby hangs another tale......

If you're doing listening and giving out advice, then you're doing your relatives a good service. Sometimes people can see ways they should be going, just by having to explain their worries out loud. And you're right, you can't get too involved, it won't help them or you.

Been into the town and done some errands, also got some of my holiday pics put onto discs. There were over 800 pictures on my camera, although about 80 of those were pics of grandchildren etc which I don't delete. It's a beautiful sunny day here.

• Was just on the phone to Friend, trying to arrange a visit to her today, when the phone rang again and my Eldest wants to know if he can stay here tonight!! --   Gah!!  ----  must dash and take holiday stuff off his bed.......

Then dashing off to Friends.....

• Happy Belated Birthday dibnlib!

• OG- very worrisome about J. Hope he and you get some answers.

• Thank you for the birthday wishes. I had a lovely day. We went to Brodie in the morning and I bought a new scarf and gloves. In the afternoon we had the most delicious afternoon tea at Loch Ness Country House Hotel.

Poor Benson, My OH should be on the way back from the vets with him. He has been sedated while they cut a broken nail right back. We had him at the vet last week after we saw him limping and we were told he had an infected toenail bed. He was given a jab and we had antibiotics and metacalm for him and to return on Thurs. We went back today and they kept him in to cut the nail back. No off lead walks for a few days!!!

• Aw, poor Benson indeed. Hope he soon recovers.  I ticked "like" on your post as you sounded as if you had had a good day!

• Belated Happy Birthday dibnlib. Poor Benson. Hope he is recovering now.

• dibnlib: A seriously belated birthday to you. Have they put a protective shoe on Benson?

OG:  That's alarming about J. And how scary for him!  It sounds like a TIA (to this uninformed mind).  How long did it last?  I wonder about the previous ER doc's advice about going to a GP; still, I assume they didn't find anything at that point and your GP is familiar with J's history so he' may have some clue about what's going on or at least will know which follow up tests might be necessary .  Hope  you managed to get some sleep....

Heather: Sorry your Bro and SiL's problems with their seem to have flared up again it's hard when you're powerless to help or, in the case of your down-south relative, it's clearly unwise to get too involved.

Had a very nice day with g'daughter and the Delightful Ms. D.  We had a lazy morning then went off to the science-oriented  children's museum downtown - lots of fascinating gadgets - followed by a paddle at my favorite beach (lovely surf/sand). Then I took them up the freeway where daughter is staying. They're getting together with grandson tomorrow before driving back to AZ on Thursday

Have a good Wednesday everyone.