Weight: 1410g   Wing:  mm

Monday 23rd July

Dinas fledges, 2.31pm (50 days)

Thursday 26th July

Alys fledges, 7.04am (54 days)

Helyg fledges, 1.32pm (54 days)

COURTESY OF CHLOE AND TIGER’S IMAGICAT - THE PLACE TO GO FOR ALL THINGS OSPREY

LINK TO AUGUST

• OK OK I'm obviously way out of date: what does CHOL stand for please? Choose holidays or lose them? Children's hospital off limits? Cheer Holler or Laugh? I give in
  • OK OK I'm obviously way out of date: what does CHOL stand for please? Choose holidays or lose them? Children's hospital off limits? Cheer Holler or Laugh? I give in
  • CH...(chuckling)
    O......(out)
    L.......(Loud)

CHOL:):) often one chuckles rather than a BIG Laugh

Sorry to confuse you.

• News that Blue LH0(17)m has been caught in Andalucia, and his failed tracker has been removed

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Thanks sheila
    "Yesterday we were able to capture a # aguilapescadora that carried a backpack transmitter (which no longer served) and thus free it from that load. The capture of specimens in winter, young and adults in Spain, is a fact. Thanks to the work José Manuel Sayago Robles. Friend and teacher. # pandionhaliaetus"

• Thanks, Sheila, for the news. However, there is a note on another thread that the tracker was, in fact, working. It would be a terrible shame that the tracker has been removed, especially just before LH0 attempts his first migration back north to the UK.

Kind regards, Ann

• Extract from The Lodge Forest Visitors Centre FB page

David Anderson   Actually this is bad news the tag was working well and we were looking forward to the birds migration route home! So to say I’m angry with the guy who cut it of is an understatement. I will be contacting him.
    David Anderson   I am the source, as the data owner and tag fitter. This tag has never stoped working as I stated on the lodge forest visitor site. We have nearly 8000 fixes for this bird and on the point of its return it seems like a complete waste off time in tagging it. I’m so bloody angry about this.
    Emyr Evans   Sorry to hear this Dave - bizarre why anyone would catch a bird and take a tracker off in full working order; I hope you get some answers from them.
    Doubly sad that LH0 was right on the verge of his first flight back. I'll let you know if he passes our way on his way back to Aberfoyle.

• Just my twopenneth.

I must say that I was concerned as to who these people were, why would you remove it any way, as we know from experience, they can suddenly restart, and cause the Birds no distress.

Yesterday we were able to capture a # aguilapescadora that carried a backpack transmitter (which no longer served) and thus free it from that load. The capture of specimens in winter, young and adults in Spain, is a fact”

• When I read the tweet, posted elsewhere, I just assumed it was legitimate, but clearly there is more behind the post than meets the eye.
    It had been reported that the tag had stopped transmitting, but David Anderson, who ringed and tagged LH0, reported in early October that LH0 was still alive and his tag had never stopped transmitting. He was living near Huelva, Rio Tinto, Spain, photos were posted on the Dyfi Osprey Project FB page on 16 November 2018.

• Latest BLOG from Emyr. I see no point in starting a 'March' Thread until they go live?