Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 August 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

Bull Moose "Laughing"
Grand Teton National Park 
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Adams
Photo labeled Public Domain (copyright free)

• We often have spiders between the glass and "shell" of our wing mirrors -often one each side.  They sometimes make webs during the night!  Occasionally on a journey, they will pop out to see what is happening when we stop at traffic lights!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• LINDY/ think it is belated, but Very Happy Birthday to you.

We do not kill spiders, unless by accident. I did have a nasty experience when I saved a spider!! and put it outside on the patio, only to see it gobbled up by a bird less than a minute later. I now put spiders somewhere less obvious.

• Have 'liked' your posts, friends, but now in bed after long long chat with my house guest and am brain dead! I'm worried/cross because as a Type2 diabetic she has arrived here without her glucose monitor. She decided to take a week off from monitoring. Words fail me.

• TeeJay: Thank you for that photo of the Wasp Spider. That is a truly beautiful creature! I love spiders and would never hurt them. If one is in the house, but it's not freezing outside, I usually just gently nudge it onto my hand and take it outdoors for release. If it's one of the species that can bite, I use a piece of paper to put it in my wildlife box and take it outdoors. I have a special plastic box with a holed lid that I use to relocate any critter that finds its way into the house. I almost never have a mouse, but last year I had two grey tree frogs that I had to catch and put in the box for eviction to the outdoors. You should have seen me jumping about trying to catch them. LOL! Nice to see you, TeeJay.

• Heather maybe she thought once a nurse always a nurse.

Sleep well and enjoy her company ..

• Thanks Wendy, will do :-)

If I'm worried I'll just phone granddaughter Amy and get a loan of her equipment!

• If it is Type2 Heather, she should be okay, if she is well stabilised.

My OH sometimes goes several days without testing. He  can  usually tell when his blood sugar is low. Does your friend keep a supply of glucose tablets?

• bjane: I revere all Earth's creatures, and I avoid killing anything, too. I also have a little humane trap for the rare field mouse that makes its way into the house, and I used it to relocate that smelly little shrew that wandered in last year, too. I keep a little net that I used to remove a bat once. I try to be creative and figure out ways to repel critters so they don't get into my car or house. I absolutely won't use poisons, glue traps, or anything like that. I couldn't live with myself if I ever hurt the Red-Tailed Hawks or the Barred Owl. 

Oh, dear. sewer roaches! Have to say that they would make me shudder. LOL!!!

AQ: I know what you mean about the moth balls. I went to my local town yesterday to get groceries and supplies as well as to get my driver's license renewed. I was in the car for a long time, and my clothes reeked of moth balls because I've been keeping them in my car to repel field mice. LOL 

• Hey, folks. Here in Indiana, we've had a strange visit from a rare pair of Swallow-tail Kites. They're native to the far southern U.S. and they are not plentiful in numbers, so it's an odd occurrence to have a pair show up here. I thought I'd give you a link, because I think they are beautiful, elegant birds. 

OG: I hope J will settle into the new school year now and he will feel better. 

Annette: I'm sorry about the awful drive. So stressful. I hope the rest of your journey is more pleasant. Hope you had a good night in Blythe. Still very hot here. We had a couple of cool days, and I thought we would have an early autumn, but no. Tropical humidity and high heat. 

AQ: I've been meaning to say that I hope Australia gets some relief from the terrible drought. I've been following the awful conditions. Very sad and difficult for the people affected. Thunderstorms moving in here tonight. I'll try to send you some.

OG: I'm so glad the hoist has been repaired. Very stressful for you and Eagle-Eye.

Pat and Heather: I don't allow direct deposit. My electric company has been pressuring me to arrange it, but I refuse. Way too much power for corporations in my view.

• Annette- sorry I couldn't get the link to copy but I guess you can copy and paste. I've had this one for years and another different  one for decades.  www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_9;qid=1535757455&sr=8-9&keywords=bug+vacuum