Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 August 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

Bull Moose "Laughing"
Grand Teton National Park 
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Adams
Photo labeled Public Domain (copyright free)

• Sorry about your friend, Wendy. My Friend has had cancer five times now, so has been living on 'borrowed time' for years. I'm sure she has known this, although we never discussed it . At 72 she has probably had longer than any of us thought, (edit - the 1st cancer was many years ago)  but it doesn't make it any easier.

Her daughter is abroad at present, attending a family wedding and unaware that her mother has been in hospital.

I'm off to bed. Lots to do tomorrow.

I hope that Diane is OK. Also, we've not heard from Heather lately.

• I see that Heather was on here yesterday, and expecting family, so she is probably just busy. Hope you've enjoyed their company, Heather!

• Hello all, managed to look in at the beginning of the week.  Thanks for all your news, been reading it.   Diane - do hope you will feel a little better soon after the breakdown of that longtime friendship.

That is sad news from Poole - first time mums and dads - could that be the reason or do they know what might have caused the deaths of the chicks.

Away from ospreys.  Although today has been wet and quite chilly we have had a marvellous day celebrating with the family at a local hostelry.  We have had some lovely presents from our children and to top it all they surprised us with another one at the lunch - to go and see Andre Rieu in London in Dec. by coach with an overnight stay. Such generous young people.   We feel truly blessed over this weekend as on the day, Friday, our dau surprised us with a friends over for lunch and she had arrange everything. Sat saw us out for Afternoon Tea at a local café in a neighbouring village.   All in all a wonderful weekend celebrating our 50th WA.

ForestBoar - we have been down in the area of the Forest of Dean some time ago now but it is a lovely part of the country and should be made an AOB. Thought it already was.

Take care all, hopefully the weather will improve tomorrow.

• Lynette: So nice to hear that your family made such a lovely fuss of you both!  :-)

• Good Morning.  Dry here.

What lovely surprises, Lynette, from your family. Glad that you had such a good time, celebrating your special Anniversary. And you still have the concert weekend to look forward to!

• Interesting explanation about the Poole ospreys. Still very sad. 

Thanks all for your comments about my ended friendship. I very rarely talk about personal matters on here, and I'm grateful for your kind words!

Lynette: I'm glad you had such a lovely time, and I hope you enjoy the concert!

• Thank you, DIANE, for starting the week and for the pic!

I was so sorry to read about what seems to be the end of a good friendship. It will take a while for the memories of that day to fade away.

I'll be back later :-)

• Good morning – better day for weather in most places – Bank Hol in England and Wales but not Scotland.

FB – did you save me a slice of that tasty quiche? LoL

Wendy – glad Daisy and Duke had the wood burner to keep them warm!  Sorry you lost a good friend to cancer just two years ago.

Linda – G has certainly fought well through all her illnesses; I hope she will receive good care back in hospital tomorrow, and I hope her Daughter gets back to visit her soon.

Lynette – glad you had such a wonderful weekend for your celebration.

Heather – good to see you “reappear” this morning!

I too must say BBL as we are getting ready to go for lunch at the OTB and then shopping in Asda.  We were going to start with lunch at a garden centre, then remembered that we wouldn’t get giant packs of mini-bark in the boot with the Scooter, so OH will do that some other time without me!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG my friend loved dogs and her garden.. to walk over out Spey bridge Daisy and I would see her regularly as her little back was on the Speyside Way. She would always have a treat for ant passing dog. So biscuits for some and for Daisy who has allergies a carrot. Till this Daisy sits by the little gate :-(

• You are all missing your friend, Wendy. Touching to read that Daisy still remembers...

LYNETTE - what a fantastic weekend you have had! And Andre Rieu to look forward to. My OH must have watched all the concerts on TV, time and time again.

OG/ANNETTE - Callum did indeed leave the garage tidy. Thank goodness! And yes, OG - the stepfamily have put the furniture in the garage. I can still walk around it, though. The only thing that I wasn't expecting was a hostess trolley. I hear that someone may be interested in it, though.

Thinking about your friend, LINDY. I hope that things will be OK as long as her quality of life is OK. After that - well, I hope that they will keep her comfortable, as they say xx

FB - I used to have relatives in Stonehouse, Glos. They did say that the Forest of Dean folk were unique, and now that you say that they had their own language, I can understand a little more what they meant!

I have the heating on, here today. Just for an hour or two. I am trying to warn my friend from Pembrokeshire that the temps may be much lower, up here. She is looking forward to her visit, as indeed, I am.

OG -enjoy your lunch at the OTB!