Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 August 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, wonderful week. 

Wolf, Yellowstone National Park 
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Bonnie - I am really enjoying your comments.  And I think your new bed looks really snuggly.  Sorry Dad was cross with you - I'm sure you thought he had left that roll especially for you because you had been so good.

Annette - are you anywhere near Point Lobos Nature Reserve?  A friend of mine has just become a volunteer there.  It looks lovely - she says she finds great peace and tranquillity there.

Rosy - happy belated birthday.  I can't compete with Diane's beautiful card!

• PatO:  Point Lobos is just gorgeous, but it's about a 4-hour drive north of us.  Where does your friend live?

• Gorgeous card from you, Diane, but you've put me to shame as I took in Rosy's post but totally failed to wish her a happy day. Sorry, Rosy! - I can only claim that my mind was elsewhere. :-(

George, good to hear from you but sorry you've had to shell out for another dishwasher. I think you've had more than your fair share of rain, now, so hope it stops soon.

• OG:  I remember your mentioning your lovely chocolate cosmos. My mother used to have some, and I loved it - I must get some!

Been preparing some chicken for tonight, and our son is expected back in half an hour, after getting a train back from Manchester. Bonnie was very pleased to see him last night!

• George: We crossed posts, but sounds like you've been busy with family.  Hope you won't have to wait too long for new dishwasher.

• Busy with "office work"  so will reply tomorrow.  Good to hear from George - and from Bonnie again!

• Thank you Diane for the lovely card.

Thanks also for your greetings, Pat and Lindy.

George, I am impressed that your dishwasher lasted 17 years! My last one gave up the ghost after only 6 years. It was supposed to be a very reliable make (beginning

with M)  Suffice to say, it was replaced with a different brand.

I gave a small tea party today for a neighbour who is 84. She is very active, but has recently had spinal surgery so cannot resume golf yet. She had a growth that was increasing in size, and was told she should have the surgery while she was still young. She could have ended up in a wheelchair otherwise, apparently.

We are wondering when old age starts now!

I also like Bonnies "inside story".

• Thanks everyone for all your comments. I so look forward to reading it all. Perhaps beacause I miss the social aspect of work.  

Sorry Rosy, I too forgot to say happy birthday.

Thanks for the lovely flower pics lindybird. Those displays are always so perfect. I found it quite overwhelming when faced with a marquee full of colourful flowers. Love your chat Bonnie. There's another clever dog  on twitter called Nigel.  His dad has a gardening programme on TV. You might want to chat to him sometime.

You must be so looking forward to your sister coming Annette I hope you spoil yourself too. My great grandson is 2 1/2 weeks old. He will be 3 weeks on Thursday.  Currently knitting him a little cardigan as already grown out of newborn size. So far it's just about recognisable as something to wear. Give it a pull and a stretch and it might be ok lol.

Great to hear from you George.  I always imagined you living down near the prom but have a rough idea where you are now. That's a very busy school.  My eldest daughter works in the cafe at the top of the gallatown and it is overrun with school kids at lunchtime. Must be very difficult parking.

We were at the Black Isle last summer Heather and went shopping in Inverness. It's a lovely town.

Have been to Edinburgh today to get a cot for Declan - that's our pressie to him. His mum wanted one from that well known Swedish store. Good luck with building it up.

Another rainy day here but it cleared up mid afternoon so sat outside for a while. Made a mess cutting down a clematis. It was affected by lack of water and looked miserable.

I wish I could post a pic Lindybird of the dogs but I wouldn't know where to start.  I'll find out one of those days.  Night all.

• Annette - Don't know exactly where my friend lives.  That's the problem now we all communicate by e-mail - no addresses!  I just know it's California, and must be somewhere near Point Lobos as she goes regularly as a volunteer.  We met in Scotland, playing golf, and she has stayed with me here in UK.

• Rosy - Happy birthday.

Linda – Thanks for flower pics. Attisshoo!

Food shop done. Very small this week. I wonder what vital things I forgot. Each Wed I guess whether OH is going out to lunch or not. He can’t decide until last minute. <Sigh> If I buy something special for lunch at home, he goes out. If I don’t, he is underfoot. Eureka! Today I struck it right. I bought bacon for b & eggs, he is home and what’s more, he is coming with me to visit Little People. I read an article this week – research says g-parents who look after g-chn live 10 years longer than those who don’t.  And I just thought it had aged me 10 years.