OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

EDIT

Late in the day I changed the title of this thread from "DU" to "Off-Season Obs" ~ anyone is welcome to suggest a better title than the current one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No osprey presence yesterday, but in the evening a visit from an osprey nemesis ;)

TIGER has reminded us that we mustn't jump the gun when our ospreys don't appear on-cam, or even at the Centre, for a day or two, so we wait...

• Another result of talking to Sheila yesterday!
    I wrote the text as above then selected Edit from the 'more' link.
    That brought up RF and I was able to post the photo easily.
    As previously I deleted the default size and simply inserted 500 in the last 'size' box. That size advice came from a member very early on in this new site.
  • Hello everyone. I've been watching for a while but have seen very few birds.

Here's one, just to assure myself I can still post....although the system seems to have changed. Again.

And the peanut feeder looks even more battered to bits

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• Thank you for the link Mike. Very interesting! Perhaps we may have some progress now.

Using the process of posting, and then editing... a photo of absolutely nothing!  No bird, animal or human life at LG

• Mike B said:
    a post from a member of the IT team addressing some of the issues we have raised, particularly around Rich Formatting.

Thanks, MIKE !!!  No solution for us very soon, by the look of it :(

I need a place to practise the drag-n-drop-multiple-snaps feature (which I've half-tried and it looks problematic) - does a thread already exist, or shall I start one, or shall I practise here?

Thanks for any advice :)

• Why not practice here MC then we can all benefit from your experience.
  • Hi Scylla, have a go here and we can see how you get on.
  • SheilaFE said:

Grrrr.....Use rich formatting still does not work,

And still doesn't today :(

I've given up on draggin' 'n droppin' for a while because too many commitments and hands too shaky for the essential skill ;)

11 solid hours of daytime Feeder yesterday, skimmed thru rather quickly but a male Siskin caught my eye (I hope I can say that I've learned another bird!).

• And that quote didn't work properly either!

================

22 Feb 02:29hr - EDITING IN FROM YESTERDAY'S FEEDER

The Siskins were very prominent in the latish afternoon:

Who was this?  It looked very large when it first caught my eye.  This is cropped, so very blurry, but I couldn't even see blue in the uncropped version.

• Ladies and Gentleman.
    Yesterday afternoon I had a call from Elliott B whose posts on the 'Plea for help' page I linked the other day.
    I simply want to assure everyone that our concerns are certainly being addressed and I went through a list of them with Elliott.
    You should know that this page is being monitored daily and a lot of the tips we have been posting to each other have been noted and may well help to remedy some of the issues.
    I found the conversation extremely positive and there was a free and frank exchange of views.
    It seems that RF was a 'casualty' of the rejig to the order of posts and it is hoped that this will be cured shortly.
    Elliott has other approaches in mind so watch this space.
    I have formally thanked Elliott and the Senior staff at Sandy who facilitated our conversation.