OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

EDIT

Late in the day I changed the title of this thread from "DU" to "Off-Season Obs" ~ anyone is welcome to suggest a better title than the current one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No osprey presence yesterday, but in the evening a visit from an osprey nemesis ;)

TIGER has reminded us that we mustn't jump the gun when our ospreys don't appear on-cam, or even at the Centre, for a day or two, so we wait...

• Yay! Good morning one and all! Someone might be working today at Sandy, or I just hadn't noticed before, but there is now a box after the last post, meaning you don't have to click on the 'reply' in the previous post - am I clear? There is also the facility to Use Rich Formatting.

It also appears there is less space between posts and each post has a border, making it clearer and easier to read.  A general improvement, thanks Techies!

Edit  It seems I was too quick off the mark.  The 'Use Rich Formatting' doesn't work yet!  Presumably work in progress.

• Trevor, now, at last, it has let me delete the post!!
  • Mike B said:
    I have also just noticed that the quote above indicates Catlady's real name albeit in black rather than blue so we'll see if it stays there when I post?

Yes, still showing :-/

I've decided that your second name is Bertrand, fitting your philosophical nature, Mike ;)

As reported, RF not working yet, but the posts display much better now :)

I didn't 'do' the feeder today, due to forgetfulness.  That's the trouble when you don't leave something running 24 hours a day.

• Mike, don't know where the Lynn L came from when you highlighted my post, but that is not my real name. Nowhere have I passed that on, apart from private messages!!
  • Very odd indeed Scylla, where the Lynn L is quoted within my reply in BLUE, not me, not even my initials!! Whatever next!
  • Now MC's quote is showing Mike B which is nothing to do with me!!! What on earth is going on with this site!??
  • I'm sorry, Trevor, but I can't help. I don't get emails, but I have no idea why!
    Grrrr.....Use rich formatting still does not work,

so I tried to drag the snips I had of i. Gt tit on the feeder ii Coal tit on the feeder and Gt tit queuing iii Chaffinch on the feeder.... but doing exactly what I did last week left me with a large photo on the screen, not within the text box, and there is nothing else for me to do but to click on the top left arrow to get back to the thread, losing what I had just typed as well. Sigh
    I also tried to alter my 'signature' by adding a short row of asterisks above the link to Birdie's 2018 updates, in blue type which didn't make any different. However, the 'save' button doesn't work either.
    I was delighted to see the Chaffinch; it reminded me of Radio Chaffinch who used to serenade us regularly a few years ago at LG.

Edit:  by accident I have found the way to post pics!!   Make a post, then go back to edit it, and it comes up with the Rich Formatting capability!

So here are the cam snips I took:

Gt tit in the sunshine

Coal tits feast while the Gt tit queues

Chaffinch arrives

But fixing the size to 500 made no difference.  I had to drag the corner out to 500 to make the photo larger to view

• I’ve been in touch with the manager of RSPB reserve Abernethy(Loch Garten) reserve and hopefully the bird Feeder Webcam will continue online and live right through the year as Jess Tomes as replied, saying they have been in touch with the digital team at the RSPB Headquarters, The Lodge to see if this is possible and at the end of her email she said, fingers crossed. Carnyx Wild have told me along with Jess that it is possible to broadcast the Bird Feeder Webcam Live simultaneously as the Loch Garten Webcam Live as well. Hope that happens.

• A well-behaved dog, but it should have been on a lead.

I left in the 320x240 and did not resize my orig.

That's all I've got today, I saw your Chaffie on the way thru, SHEILA, but was too tired to stop and fish it out of 8+ hours - so am very happy to see you got it :)

• I confess to not straying off this site very often but as a result of a chat with Sheila yesterday I did explore in the wider 'Community' to find a post from a member of the IT team addressing some of the issues we have raised, particularly around Rich Formatting.
    community.rspb.org.uk/.../1227155
    I would commend the content to all.