OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

EDIT

Late in the day I changed the title of this thread from "DU" to "Off-Season Obs" ~ anyone is welcome to suggest a better title than the current one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No osprey presence yesterday, but in the evening a visit from an osprey nemesis ;)

TIGER has reminded us that we mustn't jump the gun when our ospreys don't appear on-cam, or even at the Centre, for a day or two, so we wait...

IMAGICAT

• Sunny Kate has just sent me a message re RF. 

If you try and reply to the last post RF does not work so you have to go to the one above as MC has done! Just how daft is that!!

• Hiya CC :-* I get anxious re being logged out too. You can always email me if the worst should happen, I do occasionally check my Inbox ;)

The extra font options were the only aspect of the "upgrade" that I was pleased to see - hope we don't get carried away with them tho ;)

I (and other members) can't use RF at the mo unless we Reply to a post but not the latest one :-/ Is your Mac more compatible, I wonder?

Nap time here!

IMAGICAT

• I hope Comic Sans font is still available, for George posts. Although perhaps he’ll return as more of a Times Roman classic boy this season, here’s hoping
  • Just having some fun with the colours and text while we wait for things to get sorted! I see what you mean now about not being able to URF on the last post. Why the huge reply box now! Oh well, counting down the days, not long now!! Yehhh, can't wait.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I was saying to my friend on the phone the other day... it's surprising how the Crestie catches one's eye when scrolling thru the footage at 1000 miles an hour... well it didn't today (yet, I haven't finished) but someone else did - and I hope and expect that everyone besides me knows who this is:

Since Ann-GardenBirder has brought the "brighter bird" to my attention, here is a snap of the couple - male & female Siskin, she kindly tells me and I have looked them up and can't possibly argue - thanks so much, GB :-*

The only other one I've found whom we don't see every day was a Chaffie - it had the feeder to itself for over a minute, left and came back (if it was the same one) to share with the tits for a short while:

IMAGICAT

• Male and female Siskin perhaps, Scylla.

Kind regards, Ann

• Well I never, GB !!! !!! !!! The brighter one didn't even register on my consciousness, I'm going to have to find them again and redo the video with the male included, and honour the dear chap with a snap :o Thank you :-*

EDIT

No, I won't redo the video as the male spent much time behind the feeder, have added a snap to the original post.

IMAGICAT

• No problem, Scylla. Siskins are some of my favourites (among many!). We see very few here in west Surrey but several years ago we had nearly 50 for a couple of months in winter and they had the good grace to appear in time for the Big Garden Bird Watch. The racket they made was a complete delight--sounded like we were standing in an old fashioned shop selling canaries--constant chattering and twittering, lovely!

Kind regards, Ann

• scylla said:
    Is your Mac more compatible, I wonder?

Nope, same problem for me. Only way I can get it is if I reply to a post further up, or post a new one and then go back in to edit it. :-/ There's inserting lines or special characters that I never saw before, as well as formatting options like headings or blocks. But I think it is only because it's my first time examining what there is! Stuck out tongue winking eye

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Lynn L said:

Just having some fun with the colours and text while we wait for things to get sorted! I see what you mean now about not being able to URF on the last post. Why the huge reply box now! Oh well, counting down the days, not long now!! Yehhh, can't wait.

Another aspect of this farce re URF. I notice that in the last post the reply box is black and stays that way when you try to use RF. However when you go to an earlier post the 'box' is blue . Similar to inserting a hyperlink? Could that be a clue for the techies??

I have also just noticed that the quote above indicates Catlady's real name albeit in black rather than blue so we'll see if it stays there when I post?