WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, JULY 22, 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK EVERYONE.

• Good Morning.  Cloudy here, but I'm sitting watching tv with a number of weather warnings, due to the unusually high temps.

Annette - Glad you got your iPhone sorted out. These things are sent to try us!

Dibnlib -Your river cruise sounded good. My sis in law did the one down the Danube and said it was blissful, as not as crowded on board as the big cruise ships at sea. They (female friend and herself) also made friends on board.

Sorry to hear that you've had more health problems of your own, FB. As others have said, it could be because of the stress of being a carer (not that that knowledge helps).

Have read all the other many posts lately, but can't keep up with replies! Have a good day, everyone.

• Oh, and we don't have a Smart meter for our energy use: they keep asking us to have one but we're hoping to change supplier soon as we seem to have changed tariffs without asking for it, and as you can imagine, no way is my OH going to pay more!!

We do have a water meter and as there are only two of us here, it  now costs less than it used to before.

• Dreadfully sad news from Greece.

I'm off out to meet middle daughter.

Regards to all

• Sad news indeed: they've had a hard enough time in the last few years, with their economic problems, without this tragedy.

I've just been speaking to my Friend G, as this morning she had another appointment to see her consultant. This time it was another person from his department, a lady, who said, did she know why she was there?   -    G said, "No, do you?" as previously she had been given a diagnosis and told to wait for an appointment with The Christie.

They decided that there may have been a glitch in the system, but that they could still discuss anything which G wanted to know. The lady told her that what she has is a cancer which is "life limiting" but that she could not say how long she has left. She suggested that those with more knowledge, at The Christie Hospital, may be able to say. The treatment will be to prolong her life, not to cure the cancer, but we'd guessed that already. So now, we wait for the appointment once again.

We arranged to go to the cinema on Thursday, to cheer ourselves up.

• LINDY, how frustrating for G. Palliative treatment only? A hard decision for her. Sending supportive thoughts xx

• Rain in the wee small hours again, but all dried up by breakfast time, and the usual heat and humidity now.  Just pottering about today – and OH is cleaning the kitchen and dining room. 

Linda – weird about the stove problem – do you have any suspicions that the elements never did work fully?  My OH is also contemplating mowing off the long bits (Dad used to call them “bennets” but I never heard that anywhere else) – I remember as a child I was sent out with a basket and a pair of scissors to snip them off – and we had a lot of grass in those days in our big garden!  Window fix sounds a bargain.  Sorry G had to attend an unnecessary appointment, but sounds as if the person she saw put into words what everyone thought was true, which is always a good idea, when done by the “right” person.  Enjoy the film with her on Thursday.  What are you going to see this time?

Annette – glad iPhone is ok now – but I always want to know why these things suddenly decide not to work and then to work again!  I hope you will enjoy your lunch today – nice to have a catch-up before your friend leaves to go east.

Best wishes to all – I’ll now get on with nothing in particular!

This post has been around for a couple of hours - couln't post, couldn't even reply on thread, but okay now - I hope!  Went for a good walk around the garden - everything happening too fast in this heat!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Have written a reply to Heather, which is sitting even now, on my desktop pc, as no "post" button appeared so as OG says, I couldn't post it!

Back shortly......

• OG - I would like to ask you some questions about your car hoist, which could be useful for my sister.  Too detailed for this forum, but I don't know how to send a PM …

• Pat --  to send a PM, click on the persons name when its displayed in blue.   You will then get a page for that person, which says "send a private message" somewhere on it, on the right hand side.  You can click on that and then type your message into the box and press "send"

• Thanks, Lindy.  I've run out of time today, but will have a look tomorrow.