WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, JULY 22, 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK EVERYONE.

• Thanks for all your news and Lindy loved those pictures of Anglesey. Remember going round the island whilst we were on holiday on the Lleyn peninsula a few years back.   We managed to find a beautiful headland where we stopped and had our picnic lunch.

• Hearing about Japan and Greece, we are so lucky here, only a few moorland, heath fires but not endangering life.

Read about the osprey chick too, let's hope something learned from it.

In case I don't appear again this week, I wish you all a pleasant weekend.

• Hi, folks. I just popped in because I didn't want anyone to miss the Total Lunar Eclipse on Friday (the 27th). This is an auspicious event; it will be the longest total lunar eclipse in this century! 

The Full Moon and eclipse also coincide with the Perseid Meteor Shower, and Mars will be at its brightest and very close to the Moon, so the sight should be beautiful. 

THIS PAGE shows the eclipse times for England, but you can type your own city and country into the search box at the top of the page, and it will give you the times for your location if the eclipse is visible where you are. It doesn't work for the USA for this eclipse, because it won't be visible (for the USA, it will give you next year's eclipse info -- so beware).

The main part of the eclipse will be visible in the UK, but none of it will be visible in the USA. However, folks in the USA (or anyone who has cloudy skies) can watch the eclipse online. NBC News will host a livestream. HERE is their info page which has a link to the livestream and gives the broadcast time, etc. The Virtual Telescope Project will livestream the eclipse from Rome, Italy, HERE. Time and Date website will also have a live broadcast online HERE

HERE is a good page with more options for online viewing and lots of information about the eclipse. 

I keep planning on making a bunch of replies, but I'm tired tonight, so I'll be back. I just didn't want anyone to miss this grand event. Best wishes to everyone!

• Annette: Here are the times in your area so you can watch it online (the eclipse isn't visible anywhere in the U.S.). 

Eclipse Starts 10:14 am Pacific Daylight Time

Partial Starts 11:24 am PDT

Total Starts 12:30 pm PDT

Maximum 1:21 pm PDT

Total Ends 2:13 pm PDT

Partial Ends 3:19 pm PDT

Ends 4:28 pm PDT

• Diane - thank you so much for all that interesting information.  Hope to be able to see at least some of the eclipse.

Very hot here yesterday - spent most of the day high up in the (covered) stand at Hickstead, where it was very hot, occasionally helped by a breeze.  On my way home the car thermometer registered 34.5 degrees - that's HOT!!!  And we are warned of even higher temperatures today. There were supposed to be thunder storms (and rain) overnight, but nothing so far … too hot to sleep, but I must go back to bed and try again.

Hope everyone is OK and coping.

• Evening all:  

Lynette: Always good to see you pop in.  Hope you're doing okay.

Diane: How wonderful! Too bad we'll miss the eclipse (I'll remind the UK family).   I wish I were going to be in Arizona for the Perseid Shower - you can see the Milky Way out there thanks to  almost no ambient light.  I was thinking it would be the perfect place to see a meteor shower.   Thanks for the reminders.

We missed the much-advertised heat wave - it's been warmer than usual, but nothing to what the rest of our area is getting (or the rest of the world at this point!).

Take care everyone.

• Good morning- hoping to catch LINDY...

Once or twice, LINDY, there has been no 'Post' button at the end of my messages. I have just pressed the spot anyway and lo and behold the message was either sent or the Post button appeared. Strange, I know.

Have a lovely weekend in Wales!

• I delivered a selection of 4 years’ worth of my photos of Little People to Dau. Now I am culling photos from past “escapes”. Computer recycle bin is working overtime! Special request this week for another scarfe, like I had knitted for the Greenhowe clown. This one in MissL’s favourite colour, yellow. It didn’t take long, 12 sts by 26 ins while I watched the cycling. I was rewarded with the loveliest smile. I understand that the other clown’s knitted sausages have been baked too many times and have disintegrated. Well, that will clear up that pile of scrap wool.

A fine sunny spring day, 22 C, except it should be winter and raining.

Linda  - I could almost hear the twittering birds with your woodland photos. I’ll reply sometime – you know me – defer defer LOL.

• Good Morning.  Sunny and bright here, hard to think that it's supposed to rain quite solidly in a few hours. But then, we were supposed to have some much needed rain in the night, and it's not happened!

Must rush off now, just time to thank Diane for her helpful info. We just had a woman on TV demonstrating the lunar event with a melon and an onion!!!

• Alas I’m unlikely to view eclipse as Tour de France ends 1.30 to 2 am. Eclipse starts here 2.44 am and I don't think I can stay up. I’ll probably still be slumbering when it finishes.