Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 July 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week, and I hope it's cooler for all of us in the heatwave!

Here's my picture for the week. This is a bald eagle flying over my region. I live on the Parke County line. 

Also, I enjoyed this very short video. I've heard -- in person -- the loud roars and screams of a mountain lion, but I've never heard the big cats' strange catcalling vocalization. Few videos have captured this call, and I happened upon this new one yesterday. 

Take care, everyone. 

• ANNETTE - Son in law off work until Mid August. Not his choice :-(

• Good Afternoon, All,

AQ,   I am rather intrigued by the term ' crops have been sown using dryland techniques'.  I have never heard of that before.

Sorry about your OH. Glad the medication is working. It is helpful to have confirmation of what you suspect (even if not good news)

Like Heather, will come back later.

• aquilareen said:
    OH has been diagnosed with Parkinsons. What we suspected but he was reluctant to visit doc. I do see some improvement, whether it is just knowing what or whether the medication is working, whatever.

You both have my sympathy.  The medicine does make a difference though I also need tablets to deal with feeling sick and dizzy.  If you picked me up and shook me I would rattle.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• I too have never heard of a dry fryer and am also wondering about "dryland techniques."

Forestboar: Sounds like your doc is covering all the bases.  I'd've thought being a caregiver at your level would cause all kinds of symptoms.

Heather:  How old is Bella?  Don't all babies go through biting phases (or maybe it was just our family).  :-)    Goodness, a week is a long visit - do they just miss your cooking or what?  Grandson had emergency keyhole appendectomy and was still off work this past week; he had doc's appt yesterday but have yet to hear what he said.

Diane:  I will start new thread tonight - you deserve a rest!   :-)

Off to see what I need to do for dinner ....

• Not had time to come back on.... promise I'll be back tomorrow...

I've had a dry fryer for ages, we make homemade chips in it with very little oil, and "roasted" veg, but I use it mostly in the winter.

Limpy, I'm coming over to hug you and THEN shake you!!