Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 July 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful (and cooler) week!

Collared Lizard, Arches National Park, UTAH USA
U.S. National Park Service/Casey Hodnett
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Thoughts and prayers go with you and all your family, Heather.

• HEATHER - sorry to read your latest update on S-I-L.  Thinking of you all.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good morning.  Shed roof man has just appeared out of the blue, so that will be one repair job done!  One potential wall rendering man is due back from hols today, so maybe …!

Trying to remember when I last posted and what we did since – obviously not a lot as I have no idea! …  Ping! how could I forget – I watched the football!  Very unusual for me, but neither of the men were in the room, and I think I enjoyed it because they weren’t there explaining to me what I already knew!

Annette – Science outing sounds great.  My Uncle started making wooden toys when he retired, and J still has one of those little acrobat toys, kept in his memory!

AQ – I think we all just have to do what we can about rubbish, since recycling facilities are apparently very variable, all around the world.  I hope Nanny Day is going well!

Diane – we have a European (at the moment)  system for all electrical goods waste – called WEEE (I think it stands for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment).  But facilities for actually using it still vary from place to place, even within Scotland!

Linda – thinking of your Friend and her family; glad she has taken it so well – it’s going to be tough, but “when times get tough, the tough get going” and she sounds a very resilient and stoical person.  It will be hard for you too, standing by while she has more treatments; stay strong.

We decided that despite the good weather, we just had to nominate a cleaning day!  OH started early, so hopefully there will still be gardening time this afternoon – especially as it is J’s day to cook dinner!

• PS - been told shed roof man has gone off to calculate quotes for two different ways to do the job!  So nothing happening yet!

• Been to the Docs myself, this morning, on two counts:  I've had increasing redness on my cheeks which has now spread to my forehead. Diagnosis is Rosacea, which may or may not subside if I try a cream for a few weeks - otherwise, it's just "wear a good sunblock, even in winter" and don't drink alcohol to excess!

The other problem is that I've had increasing dizziness without any pattern to it - sometimes I just wake up with it, other days I'm fine. I've got some exercises to try, which apparently reset the fine tuning in your ears. If these don't work, she'll look at other possible causes. I go to see her again in a couple of weeks. I feel really well otherwise, and she's happy with my blood pressure.

Having a cuppa now, then popping off to see my Friend G.  She is as OG says, very level headed and stoic. They must both be upset to have had her diagnosis yesterday, but she and her OH are quite matter of fact on the phone today. The delay in seeing the Oncologist is because she is to have a biopsy done before they decide how to proceed.

• Hope your shed can be repaired without too much trouble & expense, OG.

Thinking of Heather and her family today.

• HEATHER   so very sorry to hear that.

• Update on SiL - he has had an endoscopy and is about to get a blood transfusion. Appears to be a bleeding peptic ulcer. He is to have an omeprazole drip for 72 hours. No info yet on whether it is due to helicobacter pylori.

LINDY- those exercises for dizziness are quite effective, I have found. ANNETTE knows about them, if I remember correctly. Your friend is very brave indeed.

• Morning all:

Diane:  I should probably stop by Indiana on my way home and take those TV sets to the transfer station in Santa Barbara where we can drop off old electronics at no charge.  The University has a hazardous waste recycling area that's open Saturdays for things like paint, old weedkiller and other nasty stuff.

OG: I'm going to look for one of those old acrobatic toys online.  The presenter said to Google "science toys" for the latest offerings.  I've wanted to watch some of the World Cup games, but we're too busy.  I'm pleased that, at this rate, there's a good chance I'll be home for the tail end of Wimbledon.

Lindybird: Thoughts here are also with your friend.....   OH had dizziness reelated to inner ear and those exercises did help.  We also found out that the meds he was on were combining to add to the problem.

Heather:  So glad Sil's issue appears to be one they can fix.  A good thing they got him to the hospital fairly quickly....   Hope family is somewhat relieved... 

Not sure what is on the agenda here today - g/daughter and Ms. D to carnival etc, which have been relocated to area closer to town now that fireworks are banned.  Not much I think, as workmen due first thing in the a.m.

• HEATHER - reasonably good news - very treatable.

ANNETTE - wishing you a peaceful evening - DIANE too, with the pub down the drive.