Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 July 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful (and cooler) week!

Collared Lizard, Arches National Park, UTAH USA
U.S. National Park Service/Casey Hodnett
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Heather:  Some people are strange in their refusal to discuss things, or waver in their habits. I suspect it becomes a comfort blanket and they don't like to deviate from things they've  "always done" in a particular way.

• LINDA - we tried our garden Potatoes, but decided they aren't really big enough; however, we are having our own Carrots again, and the first Courgette.  Do you have Strawberries still coming?  I read yesterday that there will be a shortage of lettuce in Europe in the next few weeks - they apparently can't grow in the heat.  Just hoping what we have will be good enough until the next row is ready!  I haven't seen how the tomatoes are doing recently - I guess they are beginning to colour now.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• No, strawberries all finished now, and we will have to treat ourselves to more bought ones, OG.

It got much warmer this afternoon, after a slightly cooler morning with wispy clouds. Still haven't done the ironing, really must get the board out, now! (there are no covers on most of our cushions, for a start!).  I finished my latest book - haven't read so much for ages.

Salad for lunch today, and will probably have a tiny piece of the leftover gammon tonight.  I looked at the TV for the week, and its dominated by the Tennis and of course the Football, so hard on those who don't enjoy sport wall to wall.

• Amber has just returned from a brief holiday in Spain:  here she is on her way home!

• Dibnlib --  you posted on last week's thread, I'm afraid!

• LINDY  Thank you

Here is a pic of the hotel where OH and I had a delicious afternoon tea today. It was to celebrate OHs birthday.

• The above is Culloden House Hotel and it is only a 10-15 min walk from us. Bonnie Prince Charlie is reputed to have stayed there.

• Looks lovely, Dibnlib! What a good way to celebrate a birthday :-)

Edit:  Happy Birthday, Dibnlibs OH!

• Heather:  My niece's shower in the UK is a death trap!  It's very small, with a slippery floor and is glass enclosed, which makes me very nervous. We have tile floors in our showers here, but the tile is nonslip and almost always in a mosaic pattern that provides additional stability. We also have grab bars in our showers (torn knee meniscus some years back) and are installing them here for daughter.  That's too bad about friend's OH - it must be difficult to know which topics are off limits!  Maybe you could buy some of those rubber shoe thingies that people wear in pools/to the beach these days - or even a pair of socks?  Wonder if those sticky things Lindybird saw online would be easily removed (you wouldn't want to leave any incriminating evidence!)  :-)  

Lindybird: The sides of the baths in the UK seem really high compared to most this side of the Pond.   At my sister's I manage to smash my shin into the side when I'm climbing in at least once a visit.  I see Amber is a young lady who wears many hats!  :-)

OG:  I was in Costco this morning and bought a box of California peaches that smelled like pure heaven.  I usually buy them at the local farmer's market when I'm at home.  Also got some fab organic raspberries, also from CA.  

dibnlib: Oh that hotel and grounds look so cool (temperature-wise)  It's 92 here with a strong, hot, dry wind.  :-(

Have a good Monday everyone.  

• Good Morning.  Spent most of last night on top of my bedclothes, without any clothes!  Hopefully it's slightly lower temps today.

Got my cushion covers back on again, finally, must say the dining seat pads & covers which I bought have lasted for many years and many washings and still look OK.

Annette:  Was also sent a pic of Amber with tomato sauce all around her mouth, and a huge plate of spaghetti in front of her. I expect to be told that she ate it all! as she has a good appetite. Hope the work there keeps on going well, and you're pleased with the results.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!