Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 June 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Black Bear Cub, Glacier National Park, USA
National Park Service/Tim Rains
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Happy Full Moon! The moon turns full at 9:53 p.m. tonight in Arizona, 12:53 a.m. in the eastern U.S., 5:53 a.m. tomorrow morning (the 28th) in the U.K., and 2:23 p.m. on the 28th in Adelaide, Australia. 

There were a bunch of primary elections yesterday, and I stayed up and watched the results last night. Now I'm all worked up and can't sleep. LOL

No more storms here today, OG. Heat is rising again, though. Enjoy your lunch out today! 

Everyone have a good day.

• Glad to hear there are no storms at present, Diane.

Don't get your blood pressure up, over the elections! - it's not worth it!   ;-)

Very hot here again: we seem to be one of the warmest bits of the country. My OH is asleep under a parasol in the garden, and I'm indoors looking at several novels I bought for only 25p each from the library, who are selling off books again.

• Hope that Heather gets back home safely today.

• Hi to all - home safe and sound - hope your tomatoes were OK, LINDY and that OG and EE enjoy their lunch today. I've done some weeding already and the roses are blooming with no watering at all. Pots etc look fine, son in law had been here! He also decided to put basic fresh foods in my fridge, very welcome.

• Morning all:

Lindybird: Thanks and yes, things are progressing.  We are responsible for buying some of the smaller bathroom items (towel racks, hooks) and I was out looking at options; also hitting some other  stores for various household items.

Diane:  The moon has been very much in evidence here, what with such broad horizons. I need to find time to go outside at night and take a longer look. I'm also waiting for a moonless night so I can look at the stars - there's almost no ambient light here.   I saw the Supreme Court ruling on the "travel" ban but haven't looked at the primary results yet, even though I believe there was one here in Arizona.

Heather: That was a fast trip!  Thoughtful of your SiL to stock the fridge.  When my daughter was in California at our house the other week she reported she'd never seen our refrigerator so empty.  I know my OH is going to dying for home-cooked food when I get back..

Better get myself in gear for the day.......

Take care all.

• Hello all. Got to the dizzy heights of 29C here and it looks higher for tomorrow. I have managed to control the bungalow temperature with two awnings we bought two years ago above our two south facing windows, neither of them small. While we have used them it was basically to cut out low winter sunlight which worked but not why we bought them. I have been off for a while for technical problems, a laptop needs a working on/off button! Unfortunately I can no longer avoid Windows 10. It took quite a time to get it how I wanted it. The weather station software is supposed to work in it but I still haven't got it sorted as it is more accurate than the lcd display that comes with the station, so its time to leave it alone for a while.

We had some very good news from younger SD when she arrived this morning, her sister is now allowed to go to work for two days a week, so she sees her area manager Friday and starts next Monday. She will have to continue with checks for a while and at some time she will have to have breast reconstruction.

We have also found that while smart applications do work very well, setting them up is NOT very smart!!!

The current very high pollen count is messing my sius irritation about and medication only helps but does not solve the problem, asthma seem not to be very troubled with it.

That's it for now fingers want a rest.

• Nice to hear from you, ForestBoar. Glad your SD has some good news. Don't mention Windows 10 to me, I've had a terrible time with it. After learning to use a pc in the first place, I've now had to relearn at least three times with all these fancy updates, and none of them are intuitive to use.

I used to be able to upload music to my pc and then load it onto my ancient MP3 player, but now I can't do it anymore. My photos are all in disordered clumps, too. Bah!!

We just had a bit of fish with our lovely, melt in the mouth new potatoes. The tomatoes we grew are alas, victims of the heat, after all my OHs care in the early days. The strawberries are finished but he picked raspberries yesterday and today: I'm going to make raspberry sauce with them and freeze it.

• Lindy: Fortunately I use Linux on my pc for all my important usage, it is far simpler. The only problem is that some useful stuff is only for windows - I use it for this site but have not had time with W10, I know how you feel I can assure you.

• Oh dear! I am really wanting to get a new laptop and have been putting it off as I do not fancy W10. Suppose I will have to 'bite the bullet' though...

• Oh yes, I think Lindy had a problem with a Clematis? I think one of mine has clematis wilt or something like it. I got a new plant with lovely big red flowers, and it was lovely for about 3 weeks and all the buds came out, then all the leaves suddenly went brown. I had watered it well and the base was in the shade. I have not had much luck with the large flowered types, though the C. montana is very vigorous and another type with mediumish purple flowers has been good for years.