Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 June 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

In case anyone missed the exciting announcement, the NASA Curiosity Rover found preserved organic material, as well as a mysterious level of methane gas, on Mars. These two discoveries indicate that Mars well could have sustained life in the past, and life could even exist there now in some form. 

NASA Press Release
The Independent, UK

Delicate Arch at Night
Arches National Park, Utah USA
National Park Service/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Unknown said:

Well done, Clare!

Had an email from my elder cousin today - his wife died in Guy's hospital last night from cancers in bones and liver following breast cancer last year - and he himself is being treated for lung cancer which has affected both his windpipe and oesophagus - makes my troubles seem very minor!

Excuse me not writing more this evening - shattered.

Meant to reply to your sad post, OG - very sorry about your news. Yes, others troubles remind us that there is often someone worse off.

• I had some extra pics of the “Garden of Eden” window which I did not post on flickr. I did not get a good close-up of the small round window above which probably features a wedge-tailed eagle.

• Good Morning.  What beautiful windows, AQ.

I've had a bad night so feel like a wet flannel this morning.

• Good morning - and a belated Thank You to DIANE. (btw, I like your play on words re the bike!).

OG - I just saw your news, this morning. I'm so sorry about your relative's news. How sad.

LINDY - I'm not surprised that you feel rubbishy this morning. It is tempting to try and have a nap in the daytime but I'm not convinced that it helps...

AQ - yes, beautiful windows! Thank you for sharing.

ANNETTE - You'll be back in the swing of things today, then. Hope that Miss D's tummy trouble isn't too bad. I'm quite worried about the aforementioned person and some of his aides.

CLARE - well done! And belated birthday wishes to LIMPY.

Re the wasp bike - I've lived here for so long that I thought that it was a universally known term for what I see is usually called  wasps' nest!

I'm feeling lethargic today (same reason as LINDY) and quite anxious about - I know not what. Best thing for me is to get stuck into some jobs and distract myself!

• Doing okay but spent whole morning at hospital for multiple X-rays and a long consultation, so now rushing to pack!  Not having any more surgery on the legs - too many things could go wrong with my medical history!  Consultant went through options for both legs and then said if I was his mother, he would say no, even though he likes doing surgery!  I still have the option to see him again if I change my mind.

• Enjoy your holiday, OG!

At least you have had a good consultation with the option to go back if you want to.

• love the pic, thank you.

OG Sad news about your relative. Sounds like a complex consultation with some good advice given.

CLARE  Well done. I saw in our local paper that a Cairngorm ranger has walked the circumference of the park over a few days. He hopes to raise over £10,000 for Parkinsons. He has been doing a few other fund raisers as well. Hi Mum has Parkinson's and of course, like you< this has prompted his efforts.

ANNETTE   How sad that the dog had to be put to sleep. What does your daughter do?

• We had some rain, all of 4 mm. OH is ignoring threat of more showers and setting off to bus stop for lunch out after a long weekend home with moi.

• A dull morning, but dry. This suits OH as once he has taken me to the fitness club for a swim, he plans on starting to paint the railings, some of which he rubbed down yesterday. It will take a few days. Luckily tomorrow the forecast is for no rain as well.

Tonight we are off to Eden Court to see a live screening of "Swan Lake"

• Yes, DIBNLIB - dry but I think rain is forecast? Enjoy Swan Lake!

Hope LINDY is OK.

AQ- not enough rain - hope you get some soon. Perhaps your OH has cabin fever!!