Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 June 2018

• In reply to Clare:

Well done Clare. I hope Limpy got a few photos for us!

Birdies LG DU update.

• In reply to Mike:

I haven't dared to upload them yet!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Just don't forget!!  We'll be watching and waiting!

Birdies LG DU update.

• In reply to Mike:

Well done, Clare!

Had an email from my elder cousin today - his wife died in Guy's hospital last night from cancers in bones and liver following breast cancer last year - and he himself is being treated for lung cancer which has affected both his windpipe and oesophagus - makes my troubles seem very minor!

Excuse me not writing more this evening - shattered.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• In reply to Lindybird:

Lindybird said:

Scylla-- I just spent 15 minutes going thru Clares posts for 3 months!  -- but the link is on the Chat Forum, page entitled "Sponsored Walk for Parkinson's UK!"

Thank you!  I expect it will only take me an hour to find the Chat forum, lol ;)  I thought that referred to this thread :-/  I don't get around much, you see - am generally welded to the DU.

Thank you HEATHER for trying so hard, and thank you ORIGINAL-GOLDFINCH for the link.

Thank you to anyone I've missed.

Congratulations CLARE & LIMPY, I look forward to photos :-*

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• In reply to Mike:

Oh heck!  Never mind, I expect I lived up to your expectations, MIKE :-*

Mike B said:

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• In reply to scylla:

Many thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and for Clare's walk.  I am proud of her.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• In reply to Limpy:

You're welcome, Limpy.... I hope you enjoyed the day, too.  Well Done to Clare!!

• In reply to Lindybird:

I've been doing things to my photo collection;  does anyone remember the dear little girl whose Christening we went to a couple of years ago?  She is a member of my OH's wider family:

Well, she is growing fast:  here she is, last weekend:

Such a cutie!!

• In reply to Lindybird:

Hallo all:   An earlier start today than planned. Granddaughter is on call one night a week and last night she had to drive to pick up an injured dog that had been hit by a car.  No sign of the owner so she had to take the dog to the 24-hour veterinary hospital (two hours away) where it had to be euthanized. :-(   She got home at 5.a.m. just in time for Ms. D to develop stomach problems!  Otherwise, a quiet day here, which is fine, as it's back to  "remodel" normal tomorrow.

Clare/Limpy:  Congrats to one and a belated birthday wish to the other.  Hope you had a nice day out.

OG:  What a wretched state of affairs for your elder cousin.

Diane: I saw the headline about the organic matter on Mars (didn't think it was about granola!), but haven't had time to read/hear any details.  I see the Orange Menace has managed to insult more of our allies...

Lindybird:  Lovely poppies and yes, a cutie indeed.