LOCH GARTEN OSPREY GABFEST for June, July, Aug, Sept 2018

• Yes Willow, it is a sad time of year for osprey watchers.

Almost zero to watch on the nest, then to top it off - Every Wednesday afternoon for the past several years I have enjoyed a local radio program "Music of Scotland".  Then recently the host retired after 25 years of doing the program.  With no one to replace him, the program was canceled and I was deprived of that touch of Scotland.

Then one morning I got so homesick for Scotland - how can I get homesick for a place I've never been, but I do.  That very afternoon I read the official announcement on our Main Blog that EJ had last been seen earlier in the week and presumably headed for Africa.  Talk about sad.  I think I was finally shedding a few tears for the loss of Odin and an empty nest for two years.

•      I can't help but wonder if we'll ever see EJ again, although I am much more hopeful this year than I was last when I was sure she was dead only to be proven wrong  this spring - joyfully so!

But she needs some help from the male osprey world!

• A wee taste of Scotland to keep you going, June. Not a big glossy close up shot, but an Osprey in its natural environment nonetheless. Taken yesterday at the Loch of Kinnordy.

My bird photos HERE

•    Thanks, Paul A for your "wee taste of Scotland".  It is lovely and I appreciate it.

• Good evening a. Not been here for a little while. I see they have put a tracker S1 ! And another younger one from Rutland. I'm sorry for this as I think there is nothing more can be gained by this tracking. Is there more to learn from tracking? I don't know. S1, S2,and S3 we're the first osprey family Wed seen so they hold a special place in my heart! Has S2 been seen again.

Safe journey to all our beloved ospreys and look forward to next March. Also hope for a male for EJ who will be a good provider and protected after all George was something of a loser!! He will learn in time.

• Sorry to hear you are homesick for Scotland maybe you have a long held longing to visit! Maybe your ancestry has something to do with it! Have you ever thought of visiting it's a huge journey for you but What About It!!! Would love to hear from you one day that you are making arrangements :)

• Sorry your Scottish DJ has retired! Maybe he will be replaced by another with an equal interest in Scottish music!

Lovely photo of the osprey Paul A. It's not glossy but it's beautiful in my opinion!

• Spent some time in our field of weeds last week and it's so full of thistles and ragwort things that would make a horse owner faint! It's in need of a cut to prevent brambles from growing. It was so beautiful and weedy but so full of insects and butterflies blue ones and brown Argos. Know nothing about butterflies but learning. I realise now how vital and so interesting insects are. The field is a haven for them but so badly needs mowing!

• Another distant Osprey (Blue CR9 I think) with a small Pike. Again, taken at the Loch of Kinnordy last week.

My bird photos HERE