Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 May 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

PLEASE CHECK BACK TO LAST WEEK'S THREAD HERE TO SEE AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM MOFFER. Feel better, Moffer!

Sleeping Barred Owl

U.S. National Park Service (G. Gardner)
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• LINDY   That sounds delicious. I just love parsnips.   Google PARSNIPS MOLLY PARKIN for a wonderful recipe. I layer it with Chicken . It is really yum yum.

• Thank you for starting the week, Diane. Love the sleeping owl pic.

Annette,   I hope you are enjoying being amongst your own 'things' again. It is lovely to go travelling, but nice to be back home again.

Look forward to photos of your trip.

AQ,   Great views through the bus window. Always interested in your countryside.

Lindy,    LOL!, It sounds as if a good lunch was had by all. Sorry about your OH's favourite pud, though. Spices make the dish. Perhaps that was the 'Richard' version!

Dibnlib,   I will google the parsnips you suggest. I also love them, as does my OH.

Hello to Heather.  

I hope OG's trip is going well.

• Evening all: Have been busy all day and accomplished a good amount but not as much as I should have.

Lindybird: I have a few additions to your list.  :-)  Too bad the spotted pud had been modified!

Rosy: Must confess that was a fairly ambitious trip and am glad it's behind me.

AQ: Seeing land that dry always creates a lurking concern about the upcoming rainy season and just how much we'll get.

Should unplug myself and go off to bed.  Have a good Monday all.

• Good Morning. A sunny outlook again here this morning. Hope to do some more in the garden.

Dibnlib: Thanks for the recipe!

I hope everyone has a good week, and that things are going well for OG.

• Hello to all -

A gardening day!!

Your meal sounded good, LINDY - agree about the pudding, though! Regarding offspring - I've sometimes thought about one or other of mine that at times, only a mother could love them...

Thanks, DIBNLIB - I've already looked up the recipe. There seem to be a few versions of it.

ANNETTE - take it that the 'busy' is in the garden?

Saw the GP on Friday about my hands. Going to be referred to the orthopaedic clinic.

Problem with my granddaughter and her pal is still ongoing. Some new developments but I'm not going to put on here.

• Well, I've got my halo on, as I've been busy, busy.  Did a washing load, trousers etc. and then washed another net curtain in the sink:  we have no blinds up in the bathroom window as a) it looks out on the garden and there are no properties overlooking us at the rear and b) You can't see through the very obscure glass we have in the large window.  A pretty, light net does the trick.

Have planted some bright pink petunias I bought in the supermarket the other day, in a tub we can see from the windows.  Whilst bending down, I could see a lot of grassy weeds growing in the flowerbed - I started pulling them up and then spent a happy half hour gathering armfuls of the darned things.

Its a beautiful day here, but the slightly chilly wind stops it from being hot. Good weather for my Friend, who is driving up from the south today, where she has been for over a week, celebrating birthdays with relatives and also attending a city of London wedding, where the reception was in a bar at The Ritz, no less!  - she will be full of the news of it all, when she returns.

Heather:  Glad you've done something about your aching hands. Hope it can be helped.

Diblib: Forgot to say, already looked at the recipe and it certainly looks yummy, we love anything with cheese! - will certainly give it a try.

• Am also going to be chasing up the missing present, with Amazon - this has gone on long enough!

• ROSY   We went on my "holiday of a lifetime" in 2000.  We flew to Vancouver and took a cruise to Alaska, then spent a week in Alaska before flying home from Seattle.  We were away and minus our 2 Goldies for 16 days. We arrived home and I looked at Cullodden forest in the background and thought how lovely it is where we live.  I do agree with you, it is nice to get home.

• LINDY   Good luck with chasing up the gift.

LINDY/HEATHER/ROSY  I gave this recipe to a friend and she found it a bit on the sweet side.....so you may feel you have to cut down on the sweetness.  I don't think I have a particularly sweet tooth and I enjoyed it just as it is.

• Lindybird said:

Am also going to be chasing up the missing present, with Amazon - this has gone on long enough!

Got onto speaking to an actual human being, and he apologised and said that I would get an email explaining how they were completely reimbursing me for what I'd spent. It duly arrived and so that's the end of it - except of course, our son has not had his present, so now I will have to research finding him another one. :-(