DAILY UPDATE ~Loch Garten Nest~ Sunday 29 April 2018

At the moment, my VLC stream is unavailable. :-/  Therefore no black+white EJ shot to begin this DU.

While people are adjusting to the new moniker, we are also adjusting to his personally unique behaviors, such as sitting on EJ and pecking her head during mating. It helps to think of them as love bites. :-D  And he has a way with sticks (video by scylla). He did finally deliver a headless fish to her just before 10 am after a morning filled with begging. Probably just so he could have another go brooding those eggs. (by Korky)

Moffer captured a wonderful sequence of His Adorableness here.

And please don't miss our resident poetess Lindybird's lovely verse about our guy here.

I think we are all agreed that we have developed an affection for this guy as he gets the hang of domestic life with EJ. Treat her right, guy, and she'll give you much joy, as well as a few generations of progeny! (pic by Karen)

Oh, and the aurora borealis effect we had on the cam before dawn yesterday was explained by trevor here as mist droplets caught in the IR cam light!

I just hope we have a cam by tomorrow morning so we can see if G manages more than one fish a day! :-(

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs