Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 April 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! The April Full Moon is Sunday night. 

Moon photo credit: NASA
Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Heather - idea of conifer bed is low maintenance.  While they are small, we can watch out for any ornamental grasses coming up, but as they spread,  nothing should survive beneath them!  Pleased your relative and sister have made an arrangement - glad you feel more at ease now.  Sorry you have a cat visiting your garden; Big Ginger Tom seems to have realised at last that he and his gardening aren't welcome here!

I am not gardening today - North-East breeze is too cool for me, although we are seeing quite a lot of sunshine.  OH is mowing the side lawn and scarifying the front, which will keep him on the move.  We had a very good visiting preacher this morning, and he's coming again next month so I have noted the day in the diary!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Was just thinking about you, OG and hoping that you had  enjoyed being at church again. I'm waiting for Callum. A wash the car and raid Nana's fridge afternoon. Next doors dog is very quiet now, I spotted their neighbour on the other side going up to the front door an hour or so ago. They aren't best friends, so guess that he was complaining about the noise....

• Thanks CLARE and OG for kind thoughts re relative. He is six months younger than my son and they grew up together, which is why I have been so distressed regarding the way things have turned out. Anyway, now I can relax!!

• Not long back from a delicious lunch at "Table Manors"  It isn't ridiculously  pricey, but we do save it for special occasions. I wore a skirt and blouse for a change.

• Glad you enjoyed your anniversary meal, DIBNLIB! I looked in  wardrobe the other day and don't possess a skirt any more!

• HEATHER   Thank you.  I am so glad that the problem seems to be sorted out, without burdening you.

• I actually have a few skirts - bought in a hurry by OH when I still had the heavy splint on my leg last year.  I wore one when I had to have my injection training a couple of weeks ago, but that's the only time.  Pleased the meal was good, DIBNLIB.  I hope Callum left the spray on the right setting this time, HEATHER, or maybe showed you how to change it!  OH has done well with the grass, and hopes to complete it after dinner.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Heather - Hope you can stop worrying about your relative now. Well, at least, about his immediate prospects.

Dibnlib - I wondered about your meal, glad you enjoyed!

OG - Nice that you're more 'out and about' these days. Sounds as if EE is determined to catch up on all those spring jobs!

We've been to Criccieth for a few hours (not going to make a detour to Glaslyn just yet, OG, as she is only sitting on the eggs for now - we will be visiting when there are chicks to ooh! over!) We had a long walk on the beach there, after turning back from Black Rock Sands, where they had big roadworks going on. EDIT:  Bonnie had only been on the beach a couple of minutes, when we saw her trying to dig up something. Someone had buried a dead seagull under a pile of rocks and she was trying to get it out.

Went to sleep this afternoon, after all that fresh sea air!  Been cleaning out cupboards and dusting all the indoor pelmets, etc.

• I have a few skirts,  my favourites are the full length ones, but wear them rarely these days. Also possess about four full length summer dresses, for dress up occasions. Must say, you can't beat a pair of trousers for comfort, though.

• Heather: Hope things work out with relative and her brother. Wouldn't want you to be asked again if you'd take him in...

Cold and chilly but no rain here. While BiL watched the Grand Prix, sister and I went for a putter around Sainsbury's and small garden/deli center on the way home. There was the usual "I'm paying."  "No, I'm paying." debate at the check out stand.  :-)  

Night all