DAILY UPDATE ~Loch Garten Nest~ Saturday 28 April 2018

Awwwww....Is she dreaming about George? GJ? JG? Geo? No, she just opened her eyes at the thought before shutting us out again. Here's Jess' reply to our collective doubts about the name.  © RSPB - Loch Garten and Carnyx Wild

Maybe it is just in the stars that we must let EJ and her new man define the new name, What about that?

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Awwww!  EJ has a visitor:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Was our lovely great tit looking for food, or was it indulging its curiosity about the rather large raptor occupying this nest?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good morning all, quick bellow before I leave for work,should be away already. Well I hope George keeps up his skills today, getting fish and sitting on his eggs. Cracking photos with the lovely light and the mist in the background, thanks. Have a lovely day and I will see you all later.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• scylla said:
    EJ was mating long before Junior/George came on the scene, so they are in different phases.  Well that's a theory I have mentioned a couple of times over the past several days and nobody responds to me *pout-sulk*. 

Makes sense, Scylla.

scylla said:
    That's why I'm worried that George's *sigh* routine may be disrupted and he may not fulfill his fishing obligations.

We'll have to wait and see.  I'm still assuming that as he's accepted and incubated all three eggs he will continue to take responsibility for this nest and all that implies.

In 2013 and 2014 we watched Monty curb his rampantness as he accepted only two eggs - Odin did the same in 2013.  There's hope.

scylla said:
    I always hope that if I express worries I'll get egg on my face when they turn out to be misplaced ;)

Nothing wrong with expressing worries or asking questions - how else do we learn?

• Clare Bailey said:
    Here he is again, with a stick:

Clare Bailey said:
    Shades of His Gorgeous Magnificence

I thought that, too :)

Am about to drift off with the screen on, just in case.

IMAGICAT

• Quite agree with Scylla and Clare - I think only the 3rd egg is G's. We have seen how his behaviour has developed re fishing, incubating etc over the past few days - perhaps he has only now come to realise that he has only fathered one egg,& is keen to father more. EJ is unwilling, because she knows there would be too much time between hatchings.

• Oh Scylla, I am so sorry to read no one responded to your post.  

Your theory makes sense and I actually agree with what Clare has posted so no point repeating :-)

But who knows, lots of things we are unsure of with a young male - just have to wait and see how it all pans out.

• Oh, seeing Clare's post "Shades of His Gorgeous Highness" I have thought of something that actually makes me smile - (hooray you may all be saying LOL) -  "Georgous George"

I know I have spelt gorgeous wrong and have done so deliberately but I really do like "Georgous" and will do for me also not too far away to confuse.

• Georgous?  Karen, that's brilliant!  He is a lovely looking bird.

• We're off to Carlton Marshes today so see you all later.