Daily Update ~Loch Garten Nest~ Wednesday, 18 April 2018

As if she has not to endure enough in her long life, EJ is now in the predicament of having laid an egg (scylla's video) in front of poor Paul's eyes without having found a suitable companion. She has not incubated the egg since she laid it at around 2:25 am, choosing though to guard it rather than abandon it to go fishing. We have no idea if it is viable, and where the two males are in the fish delivery department (RSPB FB post). Indeed EJ herself may be wondering. In fact, one or two of the males showed up for nookie (not Newman? and Newman?), and puzzled over the appearance of the Egg, but no fish was forthcoming despite her nagging. EJ was left standing on the nest next to the egg in windy weather (scylla's vid), which is where she is now ever since morning. Quoting scylla,

scylla said:
You're not alone being confused... hold hands!
 © RSPB - Loch Garten and Carnyx Wild

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Good morning and Thank You and it's lovely to see you back in action, CC :)

I'm not thinking it's an "awful" situation yet, and I like to think that EJ would have got a fish yesterday had it not been so windy.

Congratulations and thanks to MOFFER for getting her VLC up to standard:

It looks as tho those of us using Carnyx or YouTube screen are stuck with fuzz  Was it a deliberate ploy to improve reliability of the stream?  If so, it hasn't worked if last evening's comments are anything to go by.

Mind you, I don't think my screen is as bad as it was yesterday.  I haven't phrased that well - I mean the snaps I posted yesterday were much lower quality, but this is from yesterday's recording..

IMAGICAT

• I must also repost Tiger's evocative post from yesterday:

• That is such a great shot of Moffer's---Newman on top of EJ. She is such a long suffering osprey. Scylla, I think your capture is not as blurry as you think...it looks pretty good to me. I understand that the Youtube protocol is necessarily lower resolution anyways.

• Unknown said:
    your capture is not as blurry as you think

It's much better than yesterday and better than Karen's last evening (no slight, Karen, mine was just like yours when I posted yesterday).

IMAGICAT

• I really like the irregular white line around your pic---it is very unusual and captures the sentiment.

• Unknown said:

I really like the irregular white line around your pic---it is very unusual and captures the sentiment.

That started out to be my hand-drawn straight line, CC ;-D

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    That started out to be my hand-drawn straight line,

The best art ideas are one's recognition/discoveries when things do not go as planned but it reveals a better solution since your mind is open.  ;-D

• I've not long twigged that I had only seen the first draft of your OP, CC - I wouldn't have posted the EJ portrait if I had.  However, as it's such a work of art I'll leave it there ;-D

If there were 2 different males yesterday, I can't distinguish them one from the other.  But I rarely get the impression of size and strength that I got from New Male when he first came on the scene :-/

IMAGICAT

• A little wake-up, then back to sleep:

IMAGICAT