Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 April 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

Clare: I'm so very sorry about Limpy's diagnosis.

Photo by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Sunshine wall-to-wall – must be warm, OH is changing to a summer jacket to go grocery shopping!  We are also changing to our lighter duvet today after a few rather warm nights.

AQ – doesn’t seem long since previous school holidays!  Good that you could take a break.  Annoying when workmen don’t finish a job, but are looking round for the next one (guess it’s a man thing as it applies to OHs too!)

Annette – pleased you are feeling organised for the trip.  At least the “right” socks can be easily washed and recycled while you are at your Sister’s house.  Daughter#2 is starting a new job any day now – a different role in the same place.

Dibnlib – plenty of theories about EJ’s behaviour – but I’d love to know the full story!

Linda – sorry you had such a bad day yesterday – pleased to read you feeling better today – but still don’t do too much.

I finished typing up church newsletter items a week early, but struggling to fill the pages this time.  Don’t really feel like inventing fillers myself!  I am hoping to spend part of today outside, and throw open windows right through the house for a good airing.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Sunshine here, too -- but I still wore a fleece this morning when I went shopping. Had to go out as we are running out of all sorts of foodstuffs (& tissues!!) also, I had to get a voucher for a family member as a b'day present.  I got one or two curious looks as it was a lovely morning, but if I caught anyone staring at me, I summoned up a cough to show I wasn't well, LOL!

All errands done, I couldn't wait to sit down when I got home.  We had bacon butties for lunch when my OH appeared, as we had a packet of bacon in the fridge which needed eating.  Then I sat and read after lunch.  Its been glorious this afternoon, but as my OH lolled in the sun, I stayed in because I still feel a bit "off".  He got out our garden chairs which are canvas and in bags, and found that Something Had Eaten away at one of the bags, but thankfully had not had a go at the chair inside. They're kept in a lean to shed which he built when we came here:  it used up the space at the side of the house without us having to see it at all, and is handy for putting the lawnmower in, but unfortunately is not mouse nor rat proof.

Have been checking my holiday pics and am now ready to post the last instalment.....

Like you, OG, I have thrown open most of the windows, I love to get air into the house. I hope your day stayed sunny, too.

• Weather deteriorated to cloudy after lunch, but only a brief threat of wetness in the air, and now blue sky and sunny again.  I only went outside for a brief walk around, but OH has done several jobs, as well as preparing ratatouille for dinner.

• Good morning, all.  I hope everyone here is OK and looking forward to a nice day - it promises to be glorious here!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning, All.  We have a misty start here but it's supposed to get warm and sunny later. Must make an effort and get some plants we bought, put in the garden.

Hope that Annette's preparations for her trip to UK are going well. Also hope that AQ gets cooler temps and Diane gets some warmth!

• Good morning!  OH mowed after dinner yesterday - all the front grass.  Very late for a first mowing, but looks surprisingly green, although will need scarifying, another mow, a feed and moss killer and then mow again - and so on!  So time consuming, having lawns.

Having a day out to garden centre today - with a shopping list too, and to include lunch.

Hope all those with colds etc are better.  Full-on hayfever here - yukk!

• I had another early start in the garden today but got rained off! Don't think it will come to much. Attempted to wash seagull poop off a window and got drowned - don't know what Callum may have done to the spray gun of the hose but water is shooting out of the side of it, not the top. I got nice and wet. Fortunately have a second hose (don't ask me why but OH seemed to have one hose for the front garden and another for the back....) The scarifying machine looks as if it has gone to pot, may have to invest in a new one since it is years old, In recent years, OH used the scarifying attachment on the petrol mower. I gave that mower to son in law. Rant over!!!!!

PS I have just decided after consulting Dr Google, that it is a multi function spray gun. Now I have to work out how to alter it. OR SEND FOR CALLUM!!!!!
  • Good to see things seem to be looking up for EJ

• Incredibly heavy rain here in the past hour and more to come, going by the weather map.

Hope you got your plants in, LINDY.

Also hoping that OG and EE enjoyed their garden centre visit.

AQ- Enjoy your break from Nanny duty. Autumn is coming for you.. hopefully some cooler days.

ANNETTE- think you will be away in the next day or so?

Youngest son in law flies to New Orleans tomorrow, for work. I'm so glad that he managed to be here for his birthday party last weekend!

CLARE- think you will, indeed, have had great weather, today!