DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Friday, 13 April 2018

Will we experience another disappointing day??? Another day, another blog, and a RSPB FB post of EJ (below). Yesterday EJ arrived first, and we were treated to a nice potter about the nest, lovely captures by many starting here (and great video by scylla). However, she was not joined by the new male. So the mystery continues with speculations of her possibly holding out for Odin, or having impossibly high standards after Odin, or simply needing better proof of a good mate other than domestic chore sharing. So far this male has missed the aesthetic importance of a good sky dance. A MALE (we are not sure it is the same or not) visited for short time after EJ left.
A depressingly quiet empty nest tonight, light breeze. © RSPB - Loch Garten and Carnyx Wild

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Thanks for starting the new DU, CC. Hopefully Friday the 13th will be a good luck day for the LG Ospreys. I guess if EJ stops off in Italy during her migrations, there's a chance.

There’s a humongous question mark over how things will pan out. I honestly hope things work out between EJ and whatever male she shares the nest with but as an older Osprey she might have to settle for a much younger and therefore inexperienced male. Just look at what The Lady of the Loch did for LM12's ospreycation when he first landed at that particular nest.

Hopefully in a few weeks time, the LG nest which is empty just now, will be occupied in these wee small hours. When it comes to Ospreys nothing can be guessed. EJ is living proof of that. Hopefully either the new male ups his game with a few good skydances to win EJ's heart, or another gentleman flies in with fish in talon. I'll admit to believing that he is no longer with us but in very recent days, I've started thinking Odin may not be lost. I know its a ginormous long shot but just imagine if Odin The Magnificent, turned up and said: "Youse lot look like ye've seen a ghost" The Osprey related Internet would go into absolute overdrive. Never mind that. EJ would be the first Osprey in the entire history of the species to actually say: "Yippee" No feart tae say Ah'd probably greet like a big wean.

Sorry for the long and rambling post.

ENS just now 03.46.

Seeky edit. 03.51

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Hope I'm not turning up like a bad penny on Friday the Thirteenth :o  A combination of lock-out (funny how I could post the PM on Arkaig but nothing else) and an unwell spell were responsible for me not completing responsibilities.

Thank you for your usual high-quality intro to the new day, CC :-*  Sorry that an intro of any quality hadn't already been done!

Heron77 said:
    Sorry for the long and rambling post.

Lovely post, Heron - I don't speak Scottish but in the circumstances you describe Ah'd probably greet like a wee wean ;)

• Good Morning SCYLLA and all who follow. 

Thank You CC for starting us off and for your usual descriptive opening post. 

I just got the tail end of someone flying away after dropping off a twiggy stick 

Thin legs - must be a male :-) 

Ah well some has started the early shift with the twig bringing LOL.... 

He just dropped the branch off, no placing, so maybe he will come back soon to move the furniture around 

• MaryGK said:
    must be a male :-) 

I thought it was our New Male,  Good Morning MARY, but gut feeling more than evidence ;)

He got tangled up in it!

Not sure it's edifying but here's a slomo of the tangle:

• I don't think that stick will enamour him to EJ... if she turns up :-/

• Good Morning all I was so relieved and happy to read on FB that "our" gorgeous girl had visited the nest yesterday but also gutted that I hadmissed her. Thank you for the link CC to all yesterdays wonderful captures Thank you everybody. I hope we see more of her today, especially if she has changed her mind about this male or meets with another suitable one.