LOCH GARTEN OSPREY GABFEST for APRIL and MAY, 2018

•   I'm not returned yet, just find I have a few more minutes before I go.  I came on here earlier to post this picture from Facebook, only to get involved in messages from Ann and Keith, then was out of time, I thought.  But here is the  picture.

•  I tune in to LG nest and EJ looks fine, contentedly incubating her eggs.  But I understand that all is NOT well. They say we re not to humanize  osprey.  But this George reminds me so much of so many selfish human males (especially teenagers) who want all the goodies without taking on any of the responsibilities or providing the necessities.  And I can't help but feel disgust.

• June. Greetings from Florida. Out and. About with my I Pad. What did I call him think it was Boy George.

• Keith, Happy that you arrived safely.  Have a great time.

Kind regards, Ann

• KEITH, I know that you are "always right".  You have proven it once again.

• Unknown said:

Thanks, Keith--have a fabulous time in Florida!  I saw an Osprey nest with parents feeding chicks in the Intercoastal (or is it Intracoastal?) waterway the last time I was anywhere near Florida, but not THAT near--on Okracoke Island off the North Carolina coast in about 1990!

Hey!  I did it! I made a "quote" .  But I did it ANN so that I could reply to your remark about Okracoke. 
         So you have been to Okracoke Island, one of my very favorite vacation spots, part of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  We always stayed further north at a favorite motel in Nags Head, NC.  From there south to Okracoke was a FULL days adventure. On the way we passed two gorgeous active lighthouses (no time to stop) caught glimpses of the Atlantic through sea oats covered sand dunes and enjoyed a 45 minute ferry ride.  On the way back "home" we usually hit Hatteras about dusk, in time to enjoy the light in action.
         So what all did you see on Okracoke? and especially did you see the BRITISH CEMETARY.?  and did you get there from the north or south or both? In other words, what else did you see of the Outer Banks?  And have you been to other parts of USA?

• ANN, I see you have caught on to my running joke with Keith.  Only thing is I don't know if HE thinks it is funny or not.  But I think he knows that I have great respect for his knowledge of osprey.  His personal viewing experiences are second to none and he keeps excellent records.  

KEITH, I am not intending to be talking behind your back.  I hope you find time to check in here regularly even while enjoying all the delights of the Disney park and Florida.

•  You Tube  

"This storm not as bad as the one from 3 years ago that broke the eggs.  Hopefully all the eggs are safe as Iris had them covered but the nest almost flew off the pole.  The camera was knocked out for a minute or two when Iris was flipped over. We don't know what happened at that time." From YouTube comments 

•  Meanwhile, back at Loch Garten nest - - - -.

But  I did have one delight!  I heard a cuckoo several times.  For me hat is a BIG deal!  Here in Ohio we only have cuckoos  on clocks.