Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 April 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a good spring (autumn for AQ). 

The roofing crew arrived on Wednesday, instead of Friday, to do some emergency, initial work on my roof. While they worked up there, R.T. Hawk and his mate flew over them several times, and then the pair sat in their pine tree and watched the crew closely. The men didn't pay much attention to their wary observers. 

Red-tailed hawks are known to be very curious birds, so maybe they just wanted to see what was happening. I actually wondered whether the hawks thought the men were "intruding" on my "nest," even trying to steal it from me. In their raptor minds, they probably consider my house to be my nest. If I had acted distressed or angry, I wonder whether they would have helped me "defend" it?! LOL

Take care, all. 

• You should indeed both be proud, Dibnlib. I must admit I felt pride this morning, as my father served in the R.A.F.

• Clare Bailey said:

Lovely, Lindy.

Mrs G has finally arrived at Glaslyn, 10 days late!

Thanks for the heads up, Clare!  - what wonderful news!

• Thought you'd be pleased.  Is your caravan in the area?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• It sure is a proud day today. My great uncle joined 617 Squadron shortly after the dams raid and survived through to the end of the war. He was very proud of being in the RAF and 617 squadron but, understandably , never spoke about it. A pleasant but chilly overcast day here, dry round to the pub for Sunday lunch . Now awaiting our 15 or so hours of heavy rain. We have already experienced some flooding in the area as a result of a high Severn Bore this morning, several people had to be rescued as they got cut off. Tomorrow's shopping may have to be put off or a solo venture.

• Clare Bailey said:

Thought you'd be pleased.  Is your caravan in the area?

Not too far away - about half an hour or so. We go over for a good look at the chicks and a chat to the wonderful volunteers there, when we can. We can combine it with a visit to Portmadoc or Cricceith. It's beautiful countryside all around, there.

• Glad you managed to get out for your pub lunch, FB.

• Could someone remind me what colour the sun is? I have not seen it for several days, and apparently  it will not  be visible here until Thursday.

Thank you  all for the first few posts which made me smile.

Glad you were able to get out for your Sunday  pub lunch FB.

I hope you enjoyed your roast with the members of the family who were fit enough, Heather.

OG,   Hoping those sore throats soon go away.

My oven needs cleaning, but it didn't get it today. I don't eat meat, but I cooked OH his favourite meat ( lamb)  which comes in a foil container. Brilliant!

Lindy, I just love those Portuguese custard tarts. I am on my way!

Hello to Diane, Annette, Pat, Clare, dibnlib and everyone else.

Very pleased about Mrs G's return.

• We ate the tarts tonight, Rosy:  we were miffed because when we were in Lisbon last autumn, we didn't have time to queue up in a baker's shop for some, after hearing about them previously on tv.  Very nice!  - will be buying them again.  Our lamb was OK - a very small joint, deboned, and just enough for two. A glass of red with it, and cabbage and roast potatoes. A small amount of chocolate later on, to make up for the lack of Easter eggs in the house, deliberate, as we're supposed to be dieting. Back on it tomorrow after the Easter feasting.

Watched the Agatha Christie adaptation tonight but rather annoying as it's put together in a very "bitty" way. Hope it improves next week: there is a good cast.

• Finished shortening my new slacks. The latest fashion for “straight leg” pants is wonderful – not so far to stitch around. Yesterday I wore old slacks for gardening and the wide legs flapped as I walked. I hadn’t notice that before! Blue sky, breeze and the garden rubbish is piling up. Green bin full and will be for months as an overgrown shrub that has gone crazy. OH first said he would remove it but his enthusiasm has waned and a severe prune is now the target. The prunings are piled where my bulbs will appear as soon as the winter rains come.

• Evening all:  Sounds like some yummy snacks were scarfed down. I was in the garden this afternoon (working, not lolling).  Various FaceTime and chats with family memebers. Dull and gray all day here though....

Have a good Monday everyone.