Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 April 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a good spring (autumn for AQ). 

The roofing crew arrived on Wednesday, instead of Friday, to do some emergency, initial work on my roof. While they worked up there, R.T. Hawk and his mate flew over them several times, and then the pair sat in their pine tree and watched the crew closely. The men didn't pay much attention to their wary observers. 

Red-tailed hawks are known to be very curious birds, so maybe they just wanted to see what was happening. I actually wondered whether the hawks thought the men were "intruding" on my "nest," even trying to steal it from me. In their raptor minds, they probably consider my house to be my nest. If I had acted distressed or angry, I wonder whether they would have helped me "defend" it?! LOL

Take care, all. 

• Diane: You beat me to it - again. OH and I had a late dinner and were busy watching The Great Math Mystery in NOVA, which I'd recorded some weeks back. But here I am (a day late and multiple dollars short!).  Interesting that the roof people arrived early - something we don't often hear when it comes to repair folks. Maybe RT Hawk and mate were thinking about upgrading to a nest with a roof of their own and were looking for pointers. Now I'm imagining you leaping about the garden shrieking in distress and flapping your arms.  :-)

Hallo to everyone else and nice that OG got chocolates for her birthday.   It was laundry and quick-dust-over day here. Noticed that our towels and bath mats are fraying ever more quickly at the edges and the sheets seem to get duller all the time, in spite of best efforts. Suspect I'll be replacing a bunch of linens, etc. this summer.  Then there's the carpeting....and of course, why do all that if you don't freshen up the paint.  :-(

Hope everyone has a good Easter Sunday, regardless of where or what they're doing - or not.  We got an invite to a Sunday Brunch by my dear friend (who dropped a batch of freshly baked Hot Cross Buns off this morning! - yum!) but I think we'll lay low and have a quiet day catching up on stuff.

• Happy Easter EVERYONE. What a busy day it is – April Fools Day plus end of daylight saving DownUnder.

Diane – I thought RTHs were overseeing the repairs!

• Happy Easter Sunday, Everyone, and thanks to Diane for starting the week. Also, thanks for all three of the first posts, which made me smile!

Suitably dry here and the sun is trying to come out. There is an artisan market we could go to, so we may go to have a wander around. Roast lamb tonight, at my OHs request.

• To cheer us on this Easter Sunday!

• Awww! LINDY That is so lovely and cute

• Happy Easter, everyone.  Don't eat too much chocolate!

Just to add to all the things happening today, it's also the centenary of the start of the Royal Air Force.

• Unknown said:
    Red-tailed hawks are known to be very curious birds, so maybe they just wanted to see what was happening.

Possibly.

Unknown said:
    I actually wondered whether the hawks thought the men were "intruding" on my "nest," even trying to steal it from me. In their raptor minds, they probably consider my house to be my nest. If I had acted distressed or angry, I wonder whether they would have helped me "defend" it?

After the incidents with their guarding you from the great horned owl as you walked into town, I'd put money on it.  You are clearly a valued part of their protectorate.

If I'd been one of the roofers I would have got very little work done!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good morning and a very happy Easter to everyone!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.