DAILY OBSERVATIONS ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Monday, 26 March 2018

EJ gave us great views, including a keeper that greeted Mike yesterday morning (below). We are still waiting for a suitable suitor (hehe, that was for scylla). She reported that the pine marten did indeed show up in the late evening. Maybe s/he read my start to yesterday's DU thread (now maybe renamed DO, I suppose). Also VERY notable is BNN's master document that lists a history of threads for the various nests. Check it out and bookmark it!

Daily Observations thread is for recording nest events only—any questions or conversations can happen on the Osprey Chat thread. Thank you!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Lovely start, thank you CC :-*  An especially grateful thank you tonight.

Forgot to look at the title, as I used your link from previous DU.

IMAGICAT

• Thank You CC for starting us off tonight.   

First of all Starling - you said nothing offensive at all.  

I think the title that shows on the main LG thread page "Daily Update - Loch Garten Nest - date etc" is pretty well self explanatory, and has been the title used since I first joined the forum in 2011.   

We do want to welcome and encourage new posters to the forum, and don't want them to feel they cannot ask a question, but if they do and are directed to the Osprey Chat Thread that should not cause offense at any time.  

We have ALL been guilty at times of straying off the subject on the Daily Update, I sometimes still do it :-) but generally it soon gets back to the subject in hand.   

At one time we did have a Questions and Answers thread, but then there was the problem of other Members of the RSPB Community complaining about how many threads there were dedicated to the Loch Garten Ospreys.   So we did at one point try not to open new threads if they could be avoided, so in this instance I would go with the status quo....  and stick with the Osprey Chat thread for any general questions on Ospreys regardless of where they nest (Simpleees)! 

CC the note you have put in pretty purple/pink explains it all, but then as others have said, the thread would need to be read from page 1. 

Night All - see you at BC :-)   SCYLLA - will you be there :-) 

• Thanks for an Ospreytastic start to the new thread, CC. All quiet at LG just now. 00.14

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• I wonder if a gentleman osprey will pay EJ a visit later today. Even if he happens to be much younger, EJ can train him up. She is after all phenomenal.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• MaryGK said:
    SCYLLA - will you be there :-) 

It looks as tho I might be, Mary - I'm still struggling with EJ's nest visit yesterday *eek* - lots of glitches that we don't notice live are preventing smooth handling.  I keep stopping and watching a bit of TV to calm down.

MaryGK said:
    At one time we did have a Questions and Answers thread, but then there was the problem of other Members of the RSPB Community complaining about how many threads there were dedicated to the Loch Garten Ospreys.   So we did at one point try not to open new threads if they could be avoided

Good to be reminded of that!  The LG Osprey forum was very unpopular with those who didn't use it.

MaryGK said:
    We have ALL been guilty at times of straying off the subject

Especially to enjoy a bit of banter ;)

IMAGICAT

• Testing.  (The site has been up 'n down.)

IMAGICAT

• Testing again, the site is behaving very strangely.

Change of 'plan' - as things stand, I shan't be here for the BC - with great regret :(

IMAGICAT

• Good Morning Everyone

Sorry to have missed you Scylla..... 

A very clear empty nest with just a hint of light appearing on the horizon. 

• MaryGK said:
    Sorry to have missed you Scylla..... 

Good morning, Mary :)  I'm here after all, but can't hold out and need to go now.

I hope you (and EJ) have a rewarding morning.

IMAGICAT

• Have a good sleep SCYLLA, see you later in the day. 

I hope EJ lands for us soon.   I need my EJ fix :-) 

More light in the distance.