DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Thursday, 22 March 2018

Pandy said:

Long have we watched every move that she makes

“The Queen of Loch Garten,” we say

Note her fish-calling, chick-raising, minding the nest

And keeping intruders at bay

Why did she leave us so early last year?

We humans are eager to know

Was it just too much stress, losing all but her home?

What instinct had told her to go?

Filled with such doubts, we all questioned her fate

Would year number fifteen occur?

Then with nonchalant landing, all blind to our angst

The beautiful EJ returns!

Whoever among us was convinced that we would never see EJ again will have been thrilled to have been surprised by Her Majesty yesterday.

May she receive the strong support of a good mate that she deserves!

EJ's return, for those who weren't here:

During EJ's visit to her nest, there were hardly any bottom-of-pic glitches, as if they held their breath in honour of her ;)

• Posting this here rather than Tech Test, so that others are forewarned, just in case the problems persist...

I had to use Internet Explorer to post the snap above, as the media box wouldn't populate.

Also, was unable to supply a live link at the end of yesterday's "pending arrival" thread.

Firefox:

Got it OK in IE11 but it would not post.

Is Wednesday night/Thursday morning the new Sunday morning?  Hope not :o

Not as much glare on the nest tonight as there was last night, we can see some fence branches :)

• Thanks for starting the first Daily Update of 2018, scylla. Absolutely love the almost nonchalant way EJ landed, as if she was almost saying: 'Nae danger guys. This nest is still under current ownership.'

I'll admit that I began to have slight doubts as to whether EJ would return. However this kinda turned into an internal argument. I ended up thinking logic says she's got a good chance of coming back because she didn't leave in poor health last year. EJ is one amazing Osprey who never ceases to amaze and delight.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Seems quite breezy at LG just now. Here's a link to the forecast

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gfjmdqqgz#?date=2018-03-22

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Sorry I've forgot how to properly insert links.

• Thanks for the forecast, Heron :)

CC, thank you for fixing the DU link!  Both the link box and the Insert Media are loading for me now.  Whatevah :-/

It looks as tho I shan't be here for the first meeting of the Breakfast Club - so that's at least 2 members (with Mary) who will miss it.

G'night!

• Good morning all Thank you Scylla for starting this post with EJ's return ,Last year i said i would try to contribute more as i find my way round ? morning heron
  • ENS at the moment. Good morning all.

• Morning all, I count myself in as one of those who thought EJ wouldn’t return. I’v never been so happy to be proved wrong! We’ll be out walking, near LG today, so will be bumping in to lots of trees as we keep a lookout for EJ! So frustrating to know she’s so close but we can’t go and see her. Maybe we’ll be lucky and catch a glimpse,before we head home tomorrow. Happy watching everyone, it’s going to get very interesting!!

• Morning all I was soooo excited when I was told yesterday evening that Dear EJ was back I yelped with joy and she was the last thing I thought of before I went to sleep. How happy are we all! I hope she has a calmer season than last year

• Good morning Patily. I have yet to see her on the nest today.