Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 March 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Hope EE had a great birthday!

Grizzly Bear
U.S. National Park Service, NPS Photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• OG: we had to do the same when we changed to the VW Caddy. While its a better vehicle and conversion storage is less than we were used to. After one year still haven't got it quite right.

Things not going right with older SD. Wednesday she was exhausted, shivering and vomiting. Younger rang NHS Direct, and after describing symptoms and history of treatment said they will ring back with a hospital bed. 20 minutes later she was on the way to Cheltenham Hospital. After a blood test she was found to have dangerously low white cells which affected her wound which has now become infected. Currently on intravenous antibiotics and not happy. Don't think that she will be out very quickly. All fingers crossed

• Oh, FORESTBOAR- I'm crossing fingers also. Thinking about you all.

• Oh ForestBoar, how upsetting. I do hope that the good ol' NHS can get her stable and well asap.

I, too, will be thinking of you all.

• ForestBoar - so sorry to hear that news.  I do hope she stabilises quickly with antibiotics.

Lindy - looking forward to the photographs!  I don't expect to be bored ...

Just spent the last couple of hours moving money around.  The bank  paid a bill which left me overdrawn.  Partly my fault, but they assure me that if I transfer funds from another account (which I have now done) there won't be any charges.  Good job a third party alerted me to the problem.  There are definitely pros and cons to banking online.  So that's another couple of hours I can never recapture and use for something more useful.  Ho hum ...

• Forestboar: Do let us know how SD is doing. Sounds awful and you don't need any more stress.

PatO. Don't you love it when you have to spend ages sorting out these kinds of things?! Hope money behaves itself now.

Lindybird: I'm girding my loins for the holiday pix.  :-)))

Off to whale count...

• Pat - "These things are sent to try us" I always say to myself when having to waste time on the boring things.  It's taken me at least two, 2 hour sessions to go through the 300 or so emails we received whilst away. Some went straight into the bin, some needed reading and some needed replies: I was surprised at how long it took even when I attacked it with determination!

Annette - Hope you see lots of whales!

Here are the first batch of pics from our hols. On the very first day, we arrived in time to unpack and gaze at a brilliant sunset from our balcony:

• Fantastic pics, Lindy.

Middling sort of day down here.   Have a good weekend all.

• Lovely sunset Lindybird.

Mike: Tx for letting us know about the LG cam.

Whales were difficult today. Perfect visibility, but we had a handful of humpback whales in the distance that kept blowing and distracting us from the few (and very low-profile) Gray Whales that traveled through the channel.  Humpbacks do migrate, but spend a lot of time faffing about in our area - and they aren't what we're counting.  

Have a good Saturday everyone.  Hope Forestboar's SD is improving.

• Good Morning.  You need to semaphore to those humpbacks to 'move on, please' Annette!

Thoughts are once again with Keith and his family at this time of his SD being in hospital.

Dry here.  I overslept after a deep sleep following a busy day yesterday. OK now, and beetling off soon to get more done!

• Today's pic:

A kitty library!