Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 March 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Hope EE had a great birthday!

Grizzly Bear
U.S. National Park Service, NPS Photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Clare Bailey said:

I'm sorry I put on the sunny picture yesterday, it seemed to rub in the fact that it's so grim in UK this weekend.

I'm very glad you put that picture on - it's good to know you've both escaped the lovely conditions here!

[/quote]Well, we are, obviously! Seriously though, it's done my OH good and it's the only time he relaxes. Off to sit amongst the sand dunes now - as it's Sunday, we have an influx of the locals who flock here after church this morning, to have a family day on the beach. Most of them well behaved, but some have BBQs and leave some mess and litter, Grr!

• Enjoy your break together, Dibnlib.

• Whiteover when we got up.  Flakes during the day, but a thaw underneath and finally all went - don't know how as it stayed at zero all day - ground must have stayed warm from yesterday!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good Evening All.  The live camera is online at Loch Garten.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Thank you Dianne for starting the week.

Annette, I love your story of the balloons. You could not make it up!

I hope you have a safe and relaxing journey.

Good evening Limpy. I have looked at the camera. Hoping for a return of the regulars.

Snow on the ground all day. Some more snow has fallen this evening.

Enjoy the sunshine, Lindy.

• Evening all: Am safely ensconced in Blythe motel. Can't believe UK folks are getting such bad weather so late in the season.  We are also getting our rainfall late in the season (but grateful for it).

Lindybird: Blythe is a small agricultural town (one of several) on the Colorado River. That Welshman was correct in his assumption of the river's potential  It's a tourist spot for river fans and an overnight stopping point to LA. Hence my presence!

Limpy: thank you for letting us know about the LG cam.

Diane: Very perceptive of you re party burn out.  :-)  Do hope the weather there is kind in terms of roof leaks and that the freelance work and subsequent $$$s come sooner than later. Granddaughter's "former" boyfriend knocked himself out doing party prep and has a wonderful knack of making everything pleasant and easy.  Not sure of their current status, but he's been much in evidence over the last month or three.....

Had a really good weekend in spite of the balloon drama - :-)  and it was so nice to have daughter, grandson and granddaughter and Ms. D all together today.  Grandson is leaving there for home tomorrow morning and will probably pass me on the road.

Hi to everyone!  Take care.

• Good Morning. Looking promising here again: we've never had such settled weather here, as apart from one rainy day its been perfect. This can be a changeable time of year with sudden windy spells and grey days here and there, but it's been very calm. We head home on Wednesday.

Annette - Glad you had such a good weekend, it's always nice to get the family together. Have an easy final leg home!

Exciting that the LG  cam is working!

• Hope everyone is OK. Wondering about J, OG. I think he was due to see GP again today?

ANNETTE - I think that I enjoyed reading about the balloon saga rather more than you might have enjoyed all the hassle! Glad that the party went well. Safe journey home.

DIANE - Thinking about the you and the roof. I'm presuming that you have made things watertight and critter proof...

LINDY - Like reading about your holiday pastimes. I hadn't realised that you were returning home on Wednesday. Time seems to fly..

DIBNLIB - Benson will be enjoying this weather that we are fortunate to have. Cold but so bright and sunny.

PatO - Hope that your journey yesterday was safe and therefore OK.

ROSY - LIMPY - Forestboar et al - thanks for posts!

Youngest son in law is arriving this evening. He is working this week and maybe next, in Invergordon. I will enjoy having a lodger. His workmate is staying in an Inverness hotel but SiL thinks that Nana's hotel will be better :-)

• HEATHER - no!  He is getting test results by phone tomorrow!  He is at work today, but OH drove him as he isn't driving until he knows.  Enjoy the company of your SiL - will he be helping out with jobs in house and garden while he is there?  Or will he visit home at the weekend?

I thought LINDA had gone for at least three weeks with all those shoes and shorts substitutes!

Lovely sunshine here - and just beginning to feel a bit warmer.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!