Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 January 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

The New Moon (the dark moon) is the night of 16 January/morning of 17 January.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Western Meadowlark
William L. Finley National Wildlife Refuge, Oregon USA
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo labelled Public Domain (Copyright-Free)

• Welcome, MICHELE!  I am in Southwest Scotland but was English and lived 30 years near Manchester - and always supported Man United (although never went to a match).  Our present home is near Caerlaverock (Wildfowl and Wetland Trust), which has its own Ospreys returning each summer, but have also visited Ospreys at Rutland, Dyfi, Glaslyn, Tweed Valley, Loch of the Lowes, Loch Garten and at the Lake of Menteith (fishing).  I am one of the oldies on here - not an original poster, but passing 70 this year!  Great to see new friends from across the pond!

ALL - BTW, Bill Bailey is performing at the Big Burns Supper (11 days of celebration) in Dumfries tonight, and visited Caerlaverock this afternoon!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hi Michele! - Nice to have a new poster (how about you joining, you other lurkers!??) Welcome.

Do you have a partner, and /or family? No need to answer if you don't want to, we just share the bits of our lives which we want to, on here. I relate big chunks of mine, as you may gather, if you've been reading.  I was only a fan of my garden birds and the odd sighting of a kestrel or two, before discovering about Loch Garten from a newspaper article. Once I looked it up online, I was hooked, and I've learned so much, not just about Ospreys, over the years I've been following.

My OH is a Man United fan but doesn't go to their matches - they won today 1 - nil!