MARGO RIP. A MESSAGE.

Ladies and Gentleman, Margo's husband Chris has just rung me and asked me to post a message on his behalf to all Margo's friends on this Forum.

As you will know during Margo's final weeks and after her passing many messages were posted on here and which I then e-mailed to Chris.

He wants everyone to know how much that contact helped him through some very dark times and still does to this day.

I had a long chat with him and it is clear that his pain is still very real, particularly at this time of the year, together with the fact that her birthday falls on Boxing Day.

His message was simple "Please convey to all those people who showed such care, kindness and friendship to both Margo and I my grateful thanks for their support and wish them a very Happy Christmas and New Year"

It is my pleasure and privilege to do so.

As previously if there are any responses I will forward them to Chris.

• S E N E G A L

From pretty Dorset to wild Senegal,
    Is a whole wide world away -
    Yet the two of us flew, on wondrous wings
    But not alone, we say.

We'll stay here and grow,
    To gain our skills, and get the strength we need
    For one day hence we will return
    To where we learnt to feed.

Our beginning was special, as
    Chosen birds, who grew up close together:
    Learning to fly curves, following the brisk winds
    Around the bay, flying joyfully, improving each day.

But we were not alone.
    A kind guardian angel has been by our side:
    Someone who longed to be our guide,
    A soul who needed us to succeed.

For her best wish was to fly with the birds:
    To make sure that our lives
    Would have purpose and meaning,
    To do all the things of which She had been dreaming.

One day we'll come back,
    One day we will be, the success
    Which She wanted, and so in that way She
    Will fly on now forever, as an Osprey who's free.

Our offsprings' powerful wings which were
    Once so small and weak
    Will scribe huge patterns in the blue sky.
    Their legacy will surely ensure that Her best dreams
    Will never, ever die.

• Linda, thank you that is simply amazing.

• Thank you. I like to think it's what Margo would have wanted. (Both the poem and the prospect of the future for the Poole ospreys)

• There is a piece of music in this Dyfi link which is dedicated to those Ospreys who travel between the UK and Senegal. 

How ironic that it should appear at this moment. 

Please listen to the remarks as the music ends.

• That is a wonderful poem Lindybird, the tears are tripping me.   

Margo would have been beyond excited about the Poole translocation, I somehow cannot think of one without the other.

• Great music Mike, thanks for posting the link. As the music ends I can just imagine Clarach folding her wings on her Aberfoyle nest in 58 days time!

• Lovely music Mike, thanks for posting the link. I can just imagine Clarach landing on her nest in Aberfoyle in 58 days time

• What a lovely photo, Mary, and such a wonderful poem, Lindy. Thank you for remembering, Mike.  Margo would have been over the moon to know she had ospreys near her home.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• It's been really moving, reading this thread, and I just wanted to say how much it touches me that you guys are such a supportive and caring bunch. Despite the sadness, the fact that ospreys are the common thread between you is such a cause for optimism and joy.

I think it's fair to say that when most of us consider our own mortality, we often question whether we'll be missed - whether we'll leave a legacy of any sort? The mere fact that this thread exists and so many of you have contributed means that the answer to both those questions, as far as Margo is concerned, is a resounding "yes".

I never met Margo, I'm sorry to say, but I wish I had. It's with mixed feelings that I've just learnt she lived in Poole. How cruel that she was taken away and didn't live to see the relocation project unfold, yet it's lovely to think of the delight she would have taken in it. I hope the project has also given Chris some comfort.

Jess

Site Manager (People), RSPB Abernethy National Nature Reserve