Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 December 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY DECEMBER SOLSTICE

Please check back to last week's thread for information from Annette on the fire threat!!! She posted photos that you will want to see!!!

The December Solstice is Thursday at 4:28 p.m. in the U.K, 11:28 a.m. in the eastern U.S., 8:28 a.m. in California, and Friday, 22 December, at 2:57 a.m. in Adelaide, Australia! 

Everyone have a great week, and STAY SAFE, ANNETTE!

Juvenile Red-Tailed Hawk
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Annette,  very glad life is improving after the fires. Good luck for the cleanup.

Hope Lindy is enjoying her evening.

D in Law and Granddaughter arrived on early morning flight. G'daughter has been very energetic all day!  

I did not go to the shops today. It seems I had a lucky escape!

Will need to go on Saturday, though. Will there be anything left, I ask myself!

Diane, thank you for the link this morning. Very interesting. Although it was cloudy, I did get some idea what it was all about. I did not know about the place.

We do hear so much about Stonehenge and the summer solstice.

• Rosy: Glad you found the solstice link interesting. I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter-in-law and granddaughter!!!

Annette: I am so, so glad you're safe, and the fire is being contained. I did hear that your air quality is lousy, but maybe it will improve soon now. Take care of yourself. Thanks for the mountain lion article link. I was familiar with P-45, but it was interesting to see the whole story presented. 

Hi, all!

• Good morning, all.  Off to Minsmere today - I hope everyone here has a similarly good day!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Just told Benson he has only 2 more advent treats after today. He is not happy!!!

• I posted 2 hours ago, but it wouldn't post - bleah!

• Hope Clare & Limpy are having a good time at Minsmere.

It's a hive of activity here, as we have to prepare for the family arriving tomorrow, plus all of the usual Christmas prep. We have had to clear out the study which is really usually a dumping ground for just about anything and seems to have acquired a whole lot of new junk.

I wrote earlier about our night last night, but it just would not post:  too busy to describe it now..

• Mad shopping in M and S yesterday, I was on the point of leaving my trolley and escaping, but didn't. Three days to go and the place was heaving... Mostly, everyone was polite even when bumped into! Judging from the heaped up trolleys, others were either shopping for a hundred or planning to stay in for a fortnight! Going out with youngest family today, hope to find a quiet supermarket where I can tick some more items off my 'fresh food' list. Mostly fruit veg etc.

Have read and enjoyed all your posts, thank you.

• Heather I too felt like that on Sunday when I drove from slow Suffolk to South London to visit my Son and family. I was on the point of doing a Michael Douglas in Falling Down. I was prepared to get out of my car and throw my car keys in the air and just walk away. I don't know how I put up with all that traffic for 35 years and am so pleased I escaped to the coast.

• Lindybird said:
    Hope Clare & Limpy are having a good time at Minsmere.

It was just me - I was on duty this afternoon.  Limpy was there yesterday morning.

Now going through my photos!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.