Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 December 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

Poinsettias
U.S. Dept. of Agriculture photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Heather-Convicted? for speeding? It seems a bit harsh. One speeding ticket here is a fine.

• Good evening.  I wish I had never started this blooming conversation about age and driving, however I reserve my right to express my opinion as much as I respect the opinions of others – I thought that was what chat was about.  Now we have Heather beating herself up about something which didn’t happen (viz “changing the focus) – self-analysis is not good idea this weekend, I would say, Heather – keep calm and carry on doing as well as you have been, I think we are all aware of your sad anniversary.

Good bye!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• HEATHER   That must have been so very hard to take.....and at a time when you should both have been looked after with the greatest consideration and sympathy.   Do look after yourself and as ever I am so pleased you have a wonderful family surrounding you. You have obviously been such an important member of their family and they all love you to pieces.

• DIBNLIB- you have brought tears to my eyes but in the nicest possible way.

• Heather thinking of you at this sad time as it’s something we have in common ..it’s something I think you need to experience to understand.

I must admit my experience in Raigmore when I had cancer 15 years ago was amazing. Himself and I have had an op each in the last 3 years and a totally different and not pleasant experience .

I love driving always lived in the “ sticks” so always necessary even happier when my girls passed their tests and I was not a taxi anymore.

Snow with ice on top rain that turned to ice dangerous even for Daisy.:-(

• And you look after that knee, WENDY in these treacherous conditions! Ice melting here today.

• Heather: take care of yourself – you are valuable, as are all of us here. We all need to cry on a shoulder sometimes and that is not always there. One thing I do know is that without my being able to drive, OH would now be dead with lack of transport facilities for severely disabled people.

Age and cantankerous gets to us all and its all part of life.

On our good front younger SD now has the keys to her new home. Now life takes a new course and new adventures.

• Ah Heather Daisy and I have had fun but maybe have put knee back a week..

Still visiting lovely ex military Physio .. she holds no prisoners so it’s a 3/4 hour workout

• I bet she doesn't, WENDY! I've worked with folk with military background :-)

• I failed my driving test, several times. But then, the only car I had access to at the time was my driving instructors, as my father had said "You're not using mine!".  When I then got married, and lived "out in the sticks", my OH said that of course, I would have to pass my test, as there was no way that he could leave the farm just to drive me to places I needed to go. He took me around the lanes and nearby towns in our little Mini, and I took the test and passed right away. Been driving ever since, it's been a boon especially when my father died and my mother needed my help. I like driving, but other drivers can be exasperating sometimes.

I have been told I look much younger than my years, for a long time.  Since I passed the age 55 milestone, however, I've fallen apart, and now have to be content with becoming an "I O B"  -- -- An Invisible Old Bag, LOL!! Never mind, it's much easier to cope with the upkeep of any pretence of glamour nowadays....

We are looking after my sis-in-laws dog (the other sis-in-law) whilst she and her OH go to visit their daughter for the weekend. Her name (the dog, that is) is Mabel and she's a complete sweetie. Bonnie was ecstatic to have a dog to play with, but Mabel, a cross breed who is bigger, just ignored her and has spent much of the time in her bed.