Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 December 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

Poinsettias
U.S. Dept. of Agriculture photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Hope no mould, ANNETTE. Fingers crossed. Floorboards drying out. The plumber used a special vacuum cleaner to suck up excess water. Radiator is pinging hot and of course, very near the wet bits of carpet and underlay. Dehumidifier could return home, will ask tomorrow!!

• Heather – “the others” was actually only the one (OH) but thought I ought to use the complete phrase!  I actually made up the recipe – by adapting “classic” muffin!  Sorry about the water drama – hope it dries out soon and without bringing down plaster in the room below.  Good idea to borrow back the dehumidifier!

Annette - OH is coping with most things and asking J for help with others – like shifting bird food delivery out to garage right now.  I thought threat of fires would be all over by now, but see there could be more to come, so sorry.

Bjane – there are some amazing devices and adaptations about now for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, but all very expensive.  We had a hoist fitted in the current car (for a scooter at that stage), but are wondering what to do next, maybe need a moveable floor ramp.  I am lucky to get help with my needs through the Motability Scheme here in the UK.

ForestBoar – how do you like the VW Caddy?  We are wondering about the Caddy Maxi.  We are lucky to have free parking for all at our local hospital, and that has even carried on at the new site which opened last week!  We were up to the dizzy heights of seven degrees today in sunshine, but also had wintry showers and the ground is now freezing – Son just took the wheelie bin out and said sheet ice is forming.

Stay safe everyone.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Heather -- Only just read about your drama. Thank goodness you've got such a good plumber. We go by the mantra "always know where the stoptap is" as we've had a couple of similar events over the years, and it helps if you can stop the water supply and cut the pressure. But of course in a radiator system, it's isolated from this - my OH has made an alteration to our CH boiler so that he can cut the pressure very quickly if needs be.

I hope you can get an insurance claim on it.

I bet OGs cheese & chive muffins were pretty good, even without a recipe!

I managed to spill face moisturizing cream over our bedroom carpet this morning, by dropping the pot, and we had to blot it up quickly, then use carpet cleaner before it got well into the pile. Have never spilt any before, over many years of dotting it over my face most mornings.

Received several cards with annual letters in them today, some cheerful but some with tales of health problems, sadly.

It's been raining here but some small pockets of snow remain. It is getting warmer, though.

• I see Heather & Linda have been moisturizing their carpets!!!

Cooler today. I woke with back painful again this morn. It seems to settle down by lunchtime. Now if I could only do exercises while I sleep . . . Only 4 of THOSE cards have arrived. Mine in return will have to be New Year wishes.

Heather - Aussie cards have candles, holly, FC, Xmas trees (some with Ausse decs), plus the usual Nativity, Wise Men, etc. I’ve photo-ed a few Aussie with flavour & will post. Here’s a card featuring the 12 Days of You know. Inside it says "With every Good Wish for Christmas and the New Year".

YouTube has different words here. About 4 mins.

Now it is time for more exercises. Oh joy.

• AQ: I love it!  An emu up a gum tree.. :-)   Maybe a pillow between your knees might help your back at night; that is, if you sleep on your side, or under them if you sleep on your back.

Stay warm all the folks in the UK.

• Good  Morning,  All.  Still dark here. Can see the moon out of my window as I sit in bed with my morning mug of tea. My OH brings it after taking Bonnie out - this morning he saw a shooting star whizzing across the heavens.

Love your Christmas card, AQ!! Thanks for posting. How aggravating that you wake with back pain. :-(

• Good morning all - thank you for all pics and posts, esp the Aussie Christmas card!

I'm off to Elgin this morning so must fly. Hope to BBL

Icy here again today, I may get a taxi to the train station. Stay safe, everyone.

• FOREST BOAR   Don't know how big Cheltenham is, but 10 spaces seems nowhere near enough. Don't understand why you have to pay in the other spaces, surely your blue badge should be enough.