Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 November 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

American Bison
Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge, Colorado
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Evening all and thank you Diane!  Don't like the sound of that pokeweed.  Love the bison though...

Nice lazy evening in the motel after a pretty good drive and a nice light salad and glass of wine just across the road. Very pretty evening - the restaurant's windows swing up so the entire wall is open, so here's the view across the patio from my perch.

Heather: Do splurge on new loppers - and be sure to consider those with rubber "bumpers" on the handles just under the blades that absorb the impact when you're busy lopping off branches.  We also have those longer tree pruners that you operate by pulling a rope, but I find they're unwieldy and tiring. (I also bought a lightweight pair of expanding shears that are wonderful.)   I see you've been harboring the family again!  :-)

Lindybird: My car is jammed with boxes of stuff my daughter has had stored for years - all the way back to grandkids' school reports!  :-(

Will be busy tomorrow, so have a good Sunday everyone.

• Good  Morning.  Good to hear that you reached your stopping point alright, Annette. Good journey for the rest of your trip.

Thank you to Diane for starting us off again, with such a magnificent beast.

• Here's today's pic:

A special one for Remembrance Sunday.

• Hello all - and thank you, DIANE.

ANNETTE - safe journey to Arizona. The rest, with salad and wine might be the last one you will get for a while as I know that you'll probably be as busy as ever when you get to see your family. bet Miss D is excited!

Quiet day on my own at home today - I am having some roast lamb for lunch so waiting for nice smells to waft from the kitchen. Watching the Remembrance Sunday service and ceremonies at the Cenotaph. Not ashamed to say that I have been very weepy.

Hope that LINDY's sorting out of things is going well. I've just had a chat with my sis in law who never throws anything away. Never, ever.

Well, better get back downstairs and inspect the oven. Have a good day, all.

• Good afternoon all from a cold and bitter Suffolk - the rain felt like sleet this morning!

Annette - no view attached - or did I get it wrong?

I lost 2 Great Uncles in the Great War - one just a week before armistice - very sad but its good we remember them.

Have a good Sunday and new week.

• Good to 'see' you, HARELADY. I wondered, too, about ANNETTE and a picture :-)

The politics of war are one thing and we will all no doubt have our own thoughts about these things but we can never forget the sacrifice made by those who served as Regulars, those who volunteered and also those who were conscripted and had little choice in the matter.

• Yes indeed!  Realized I hadn't attached the photo at some point during the night.  Off to hose down and waddle down to lobby for free brekky before I leap into the car and tootle off again.

• Quiet here today.

I hope you and your OH are having a peaceful time, Lindy. Oh, I think you are sorting things out.

I am having lunch with a friend tomorrow, so the world will get sorted. I think Annette is too busy to do it at the moment.

Best Wishes to all.

• Rosy, we went to a Memorial Service this morning, as our local Memorial is actually a hospital building, paid for by the town population generations ago. it has been acquired by rather doubtful means, by a development company who we've now found out are hoping to demolish it. Although it's over 20 years since it was used as a hospital, we did hope however that it could be used for the good of the community.

So a special event was organised for this morning, to draw attention to its plight. Sadly, only a handful of us turned up, and although we were only there for half an hour in bright sunshine, the very cold wind made us chilled and we were glad to return home and get warmed up again! Since then I've had a lazy day, although I did read some old newspaper articles I've been meaning to get around to. More sorting tomorrow!!

Enjoy your lunch with your friend. Someone needs to sort the world out......

Annette - I like the palm trees!

• PS -- I did try on some clothes I've been harbouring for years -- three piles made - one bag for charity, one bag of new unworn items for sis in law to try if she likes, one T shirt which has seen better days put aside to wear as "gardening clothes."

So I can wear my halo!