Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 October 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

It's still unseasonably warm here in Indiana. I hope this means that we'll have a mild winter with not much snow. 

I chose an American Goldfinch photo, because I've had a big flock of these birds in my garden for a couple of weeks. They're eating weed seeds and some red berries that I can't identify. The birds are very beautiful and delicate.

Take care, everyone. 

American Goldfinch
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo labelled "Public Domain" (Copyright Free)

• Good  Morning,  All.  Dry here and a little misty, but not as murky as yesterday.

Lynette - Best to get your knee checked out. My left knee often just gives out, but then my knees have always been rather "loose" joints. I use a stick now on the rare times when I need to climb steep slopes or steps. I noticed that P&O often do similar trips to the Canaries: they vary it slightly, sometimes with more ports of call included.

Annette - There are indeed lots of industrial museums. Here in Manchester, there's the Museum of Science & Industry. (Keep meaning to go to that one). We also have, a few miles away, the Quarry  Bank  Water  Mill in Styal, which Is fascinating, and covers an entire site showing how the workers used to live, and also the Lion  Salt  Works which is about the vast workings underground plus the processing of the salt.

Sorry to hear that you've had knee problems, too Wendy :-(

I must get going. Lots to do!  Have a good weekend, everybody!

• Here's today's pic:

"I shouldn't have eaten that thistle!!"

• Lynette – not a few weeks, but a few minutes and I was able to enjoy view from top floor of hospital – autumn sunshine and wonderful fall colours.  Now fed up with dull colours from other eye!

Annette – point of decision was when it couldn’t be done because they couldn’t get necessary measurements when I was sent in on a stretcher whilst immobilised!  Had to begin again so finally went in when they offered me the date!  Excellent result so far, and very little inflammation – of course taking all the drops!

Linda – went to Manchester Museum of Science and Industry from when it first opened – with and without children and then grandchildren.  Also visited Salt Museums in Northwich, Cheese Museum in Nantwich and Anderton Boat Lift.  Never did make it to Styal – just that bit further to travel.  Loved the Bunny!

Full weekend – busy today and then Grandson tomorrow.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Have run out of steam for the minute. Checked bank balance online, as I do every day (OH always did!). Found a discrepancy and have spent one hour on the phone trying to sort it out. Turns out that stepgrandson had paid in two birthday cheques, one from me and one from other Granny. Both had been debited to my account. Bank at fault, await response from them....  Other Granny has more disposable income than me :-( is all I can say!

• Heather - well done for checking your bank statement regularly.  I'm afraid I am not very good at doing that ... but your story has made me realise I need to be more careful!

• LYNETTE   Good luck with your appt.

• Back from Elgin, had a lovely time with family.

Amy and Katie singing Christmas songs in the car on the way home! It is still October, girls!

• That is wonderful OG. Now just be a bit patient and it will get done then there is no stopping you.

Annette , glad dau is safely home.Now you've done the essentials time to put your feet up for a while and drink in the peace and quiet.

Heather hope it sorts itself out at the bank and account will be ok again. I tend to check mine most days, so far no problems.

DON'T FORGET FOLKS, CLOCKS GO BACK AT 2AM TOMORROW MORNING.

• Just came on to remind everyone about the clocks - we've only done three quarters of ours, so will do the rest in the morning.

I'm impressed with all this bank statement watching. I still get a paper statement once a month and yes, then I go through it to see if things look right. 

Had to laugh tonight, as Bonnie was put out into the garden, but instead of going for a -   ahem  -  wee, she ran about, then came back into the house with something in her mouth. As she dashed into the living room, my OH came in after her, shouting "What's she got in her mouth?!!" 

I looked, and she had something black.  She dropped it on the carpet.  I saw a dark round shape and thought at first she had got a child's ball. But then saw that it was a hedgehog!!!!   I dragged her away from it, by the collar, and yelled to my OH to go and get a towel. He ran off to find an old dog towel, while I held onto Bonnie, who was very excited by her new playmate, and prayed that the hedgehog didn't uncurl and run off under the sofa!!  He came back and grabbed it in the towel, and popped it back onto the garden path. Phew!

So now, we know we have some in the garden again. Not seen any for several years.