Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 September 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

I'll try to come back and post some replies. I'm working on my freelance project. 

Best to everyone!

• Well true to there word our generator has arrived...

Sadly Himself only has one screen of many as he forgot to plug them in before electricity was cut off ....whoops. Daisy is hyper as she loves motors and regularly tries to lift up our petrol lawn mower.

Heather my youngest has a shortened version of her name long version only used with a certain tone of voice. When she started play school she came home asking what she had done that was naughty as they were using longer version :-)

• Hope you are getting on OK WENDY!

A pleasant day here. Just casually (!)  looking out of the window, see neighbours across the road have got a new car. They seem to do that every two years. My OH always bought a new car and kept it for at least ten years! Actually, he always bought ex demo cars from the Audi garage. Was he right or was he wrong? Our last car (Audi A6, 05 reg) is now with my stepson who is using it as his work car when he is in Edinburgh. He says it is brilliant and will last him until he retires:-)

• Heather yes all fine here... Daisy and I went for a very long muddy walk..returned around 1.30 to find power just back on.. the guys decided to work through their lunch break to get job done... OH phoned their office to say how good they were and it seems that will flash up on their screen on their way back to Aberdeen :-)

We change our car every 3 years as we live quite a way from shops etc and only have one car we rack up the miles.

• Ah, understand, WENDY. After ten years, our car had less than 40 thousand miles on the clock. I don't drive, as you can probably tell!!

• AQ - pleased all well at dentist - good luck with eye check!

HEATHER - maybe my brain can cope with the five letters of "Bella"!  I qualify for a Motability car - paid for with my DLA.  Because I had the current one modified, I was granted an extension, so instead of renewing after three years, we shall have had this five years when it is changed next spring - so choices, choices again - I hate it when this time comes around!  Not much the right size and shape for large mobility scooter!

WENDY - can't imagine having a dog who wants to be a mechanic - maybe having the generator there has lifted her depression!  Sounds like a good day for walkies, and efficient workforce too!

Been busy working on the newsletter again, but accomplished several other tasks during the day.  Chiropodist coming for the three of us tomorrow afternoon - will be good for J's toe to have another check-up.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG there is a robot lawn mower at Logie Steading..

All good fun but super coffee and cake :-)

• Hi all.   Been reading all your news.

Bit under the weather, Went to church Sunday morning and came over all nauseous and a bit dizzy. Got home, had a late breakfast and promptly brought it back, happened will anything I ate that day. Managed to eat and keep down Monday and today but still had the nauseous and dizzy feeling so booked an appointment with my doctor. Managed to get in this afternoon and doctor diagnosed a case of labyrinthitis so am on tablets for that and hopefully they will help.Put off going to a meeting this evening. I'm alright sitting and doing nothing its just when I get up to do anything that the symptoms are worse.   Never mind, hopefully they will disappear soon. Enough of my woes.

OG - lovely fresh food from the garden sounds super.

HeatherB - glad you are able to go down and see Sam and "BabyBel" for a few days, enjoy.

AQ - glad your dentist trip went well , hope eye trip is just as successful.

Annette and Diane, hi, hope all is well with you both.

Rosy - glad you are enjoying your trip to Italy. Its always nice to do something different when on holiday.

Still trying to sort out where to go next year on a cruise but we'll get there.

• Lynette not a good feeling ..

Couldn't do a cruise with all those people:.

2 girl holidays next year . Lundy with my girls a place we always love.

Then a few days with them Himself and Daisy dog up the east coast:-)

• Newsletter finished - only need to proof read and correct(!) and home-print masters, ready for photocopying at church on Saturday - so we can enjoy events over the next few days without feeling guilty!

WENDY - I imagine the robot mower is great fun for Daisy.  I enjoy a visit to Logie most times we are up that way - and the current café is great for a lunchtime snack - don't usually indulge in cake myself!  Have you visited the shop called "Heligog" (I think) in the corner?  It is run by a "girl" from here - we know Judith's parents well.  I agree about cruises - too many people packed into a metal box - no wonder any infection on board spreads as they do.  You have done well having next year's holidays ready planned!  We are mostly waiting to see how I might manage (none this year);  only thought so far is possibly the Tall Ships Races again - in Sunderland in July this time.  I don't mind crowds at an event like that as they are outside in the fresh air!

LYNETTE - the feeling of labyrinthitis is horrible - I was one of the lucky ones and the tablets stabilised me quite quickly; Brother-in-law had a more chronic version which has left him with occasional  relapses.

Now getting scrubbed up for chiropodist visit - J has gone out for his usual Wednesday jaunt - hope he remembers to come back in time!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Morning all:  Day out - well afternoon out - with sister and BiL yesterday. We tootled around Downtown in Grantham then had tea (latte for me) and cake at the Garden Center in Belton House (now I know what the rest of you are talking about when you say you've been to a Garden Center!). I'd been to Frost's near Milton Keynes with niece when I first arrived and I can see how you could do a LOT of $$$-damage at these places. I bought Ms. D a lovely little gardening set (just little trowel and spade) in pale turqouise with wooden handles at Belton. They had a kid-sized rake and larger spade and fork but wouldn't fit in any suitcase! Anyway, am doing a lot of relaxing, puttering and reading here. Have read everyone's  news and hope everyone has a good - um - Wednesday, although Thursday is very close....

Lynette: Do feel better soon; ear upsets can be so unsettling.