Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 September 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

I'll try to come back and post some replies. I'm working on my freelance project. 

Best to everyone!

• WENDY - sorry, all extras are in the freezer!  Pleased Daisy feels a bit better.

ROSY - good that you were able to take a walk and find something interesting - and unusual.  Misty here this morning after early rain, but I am stuck indoors anyway working on the church newsletter.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Morning all:  Lovely day with family. Dazzling amounts of food, especially dessert, which is still lurking on refrigerator shelves. Sunny and warm enough to sit outside, so boys were able to play in the garden and generally chase around.  Sister is very bright and we're having a good laugh.

Rosy: Italy!  Lovely place.  I've been to Lake Maggiore, Como and Rimini - all decades ago.

OG: Good that J's funny bone whack had a good side effect.

Wendy: Hope the kettle isn't out of commission for too long.

We're having a late start to the day here; it's almost noon and we just had breakfast!  BiL is busy shouting at a squirrel in the garden, which doesn't seem to be paying much attention...

• Hello all -

WENDY - yes, what will you do without a kettle? Some of my fruit trees are getting dangerously near overhead cables. A big job beckons.

ANNETTE - Well, at least you now what you will be eating this evening! Can't remember when you are travelling back home. Good that you and sister are enjoying time together.

ROSY - Lovely to hear that you are enjoying your hols. I wonder what food you have been eating! I love Italian food.

OG - You will be looking forward to seeing your younger daughter next month. I have just booked flights to go to Shropshire next month, my son's 50th birthday.

Things here much the same, damp and mostly dull and moss growing apace. I might have to emigrate....

• ANNETTE - all sounds wonderful - so happy for you and your Sister!  Go steady on the leftovers!

HEATHER - how many of you are going down to Shropshire for the birthday?  Is it just you and elder Daughter, or are the others all coming too?  Isn't this also about the time of the baby's birthday?  Can't remember her exact name so always think of her as Babybel (like the cheese1)

• I am the only one able to go to Shropshire, OG. Babybel's birthday is earlier in the year. I phoned just now, to tell Sam that I was coming. He replied 'Nana I'm so excited! I rarely see you!'.

• Will you be able to stay a while, HEATHER?

• Just a few days, OG, they don't have a spare room and daughter in law is a childminder so house busy during the week. I will try and get down there more frequently though, for long weekends. They can't come here as often because of the business.

• SAM loves you so much.  BTW, what is Babybel's real name?

• I passed my dental check with no problems & left with them wishing me a Merry You-Know-What. Now I only have eye check and, fingers crossed, all bits are done for a while.

• OG- Babybel is Arabella but usually Bella. I think that she gets the full name when she has been up to mischief! She is quite a character.