Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 August 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

Young American Kestrel
Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, Texas USA
Photo labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Thanks for the birthday good wishes. Off out shortly for a trip I'll tell you about later, then tonight we're booked for a meal at the best restaurant we've found in this area. Puddings will be eaten!!

• Have a good time!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good afternoon all Haven't been on for a while but have been following the different sagas that have been going on. It has been an uneventful summer ? for me with little happening. Had a visit from son at the end of July and will see him and his wife on a stop over on the way to London to celebrate his 50th. This just means I am getting older. Having problems with my right leg which has swollen and the doctor thinks it is fluid and I have got more tablets to try and cure it.

Heather I can sympathise with you about what you should do about your garden as I still have still think if I am going to do something in the house I always think now what would Isabel do and that is after 14 years so it is something that you think about for years.

OG it is good to see that you are making progress in your recovery and I am sure you will start to get about more soon.

LINDA have a good birthday

Clare how many times do you click the shutter to get some of the pictures that you put on here as can get things first time.

Hope Diane and her critters manage to keep well and everyone else I send my best wishes that everything goes well with you.

george g

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDYBIRD!  Eat a dessert for me too!  :-)

• Unknown said:
    Clare how many times do you click the shutter to get some of the pictures that you put on here as can get things first time.

I lose count!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I've just deleted two pictures of some rocks, from earlier today when I declared "This camera is doing funny things!......."  Of course, I'd pressed a button somehow and had symbols on the screen which I couldn't seem to get rid of, even when I switched it off, and then on again. :-{

I've had what I'd call a rather strange birthday so far, in lots of ways, which I'll explain later.

But then I never seem to have a normal life, LOL!!

Nice to hear from you, George. It's when your own children reach middle age that it strikes you, you've been around a long time, yourself.

• Lindybird said:
    But then I never seem to have a normal life, LOL!!

I hope that's more good than bad.

• LINDA - intrigued by your "rather strange birthday" - look forward to hearing more!

GEORGE - good to hear from you.  Sorry about the swollen leg - hope the tablets work.  Is your Son calling in again on the way back?  I always notice the years going by on family birthdays more than on my own!

ALL - good to read posts from people today again.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good Morning, All.  Bright here, but already an Autumny feel to the air. We have the heating on!