WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, AUGUST 6,2017

Lindybird: I love the idea of the Country Living tent - I could probably do a lot of $$$ damage there!

ForestBoar:  Thanks for clarifying. Hope daughter can move there sooner than later.

Lynette: Ghastly situation for your bro with contractors peering in the windows.  What a nerve!!  My niece is going to Dorset (I had to Google Durdle Door) within the next couple of weeks with friends to look for fossils (they apparently got the correct tools after a previous trip!).  I read Remarkable Creatures and loved it. I thought they were going to make a movie of it, but haven't been able to find if it was actually made. Love the idea of an ice cream farm!  :-)

Take care all.

• Had to Google Streptocarpus and don't recognize it other than its similarity to non-related plants.

Clare: Lovely pix; do like those where they're all fluffed up.

Lindybird: Our tree has far fewer oranges than the last two years, which is odd given that we had much more rain this last winter. Can't stay I'm too distressed given that I'm not comfortable up big ladders or trees, especially as the ground around the tree is uneven.

• Dibnlib – that’s why I wrote it in quotes – really wanted to call it the INGLORIOUS Twelfth!

Linda – sorry your OH decided to climb the tall ladder, which I know worries you.  But lovely that he saw Collared Dove nest with chick – and that you both know it is there!  Are the Apples mature enough to store, being undamaged?

Clare – Ecclefechan is about five miles north of us!  Nice photos.

Annette – enjoy the oranges you do have, but less to find homes for this year!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Unknown said:
    Ecclefechan is about five miles north of us!  Nice photos.

I didn't realise you lived so close - I might well have popped in for that cuppa!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - Great pictures!

• Today I’ve been finding my trip diaries tucked away on computer & plan to print them. I fear that my first 2 overseas trip diaries, scribbled in notebooks & typed into Word later, were backed up on floppy discs. I was mentally far away when OH announced that he would be home for lunch. I rummaged in freezer, produced some soup that had lost its label. It was pea & ham & veg. Now he is busy this arvo playing “musical chairs” with his sound system. Speakers, cords, mysterious objects spread around “his” area LOL. Email from Chauffeur Friend indicating we shall probably escape this Thurs/Fri as weather doesn’t look too dire.

This pic is from my collection of church windows – Julian of Norwich was said to have had a cat to keep her company. The designer of this window has depicted the donor’s pet cat. A lovely gesture.

• Good Morning, All.  Dull skies here again.

Love the cat, AQ!!  Glad it looks as if your trip will be going ahead this week.

I'm busy altering some trousers I bought at Sale price, but are long enough for my tall OH, never mind myself..... Then I'm off to the Dentist at lunchtime, to get my broken off tooth fixed.

Have a good Monday, everyone!

• Here's today's pic (apologies if you've seen some of these before, I can't remember which ones I've used in the long ago past......)

• Stunning, Lindy - both flower and bird.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good morning, all.  I've posted the rest of my photos from Saturday's trip to Rainham - if you'd like to look click on this lovely goldfinch:

• Nice pics, Clare! -- I love the big ungainly feet on the moorhens, too!!